Olathe 330 chipper Repair/Restore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E86 N52

Reaction score
I've got an Olathe 330 drum-style chipper that I believe was made in the early to mid-seventies. It's a good old machine, and it is powered by a Ford Industrial Products 330-V8 power plant. I assume Olathe bought the motor from Ford as an generic assembly and then integrated it with their chipper. I'm in the process of making this a functioning machine once again, and I need to locate replacements for the 2 "side-curtains" or "side panels" for this Ford Industrial 330 engine. I'm pretty sure they are just louvered sheet metal pieces that fit on the sides of the engine. If anyone has what they think might be it, or knows where a guy could find them, let me know and we can talk specifics.

Thank you,

Steve

The dog house doors might be able to be purchased from the industrial division of Ford. I would get the engine serial number and call them. You're correct that the doors are vented for cooling purposes. It's common practice that the engine people provide the doors of the dog house and not Olathe.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

No matter the chipper brand...Olathe, Asplundh...the Ford motor parts are likely to get from an old style auto parts store, one that still can use a printed catalog.
Pick a med duty ford truck from your chipper year, and go in asking for parts from say a 1976 Ford 450. One of the fleet rental cos...Ryder? was said to use a lot of these engines.

Back