Olathe PTO wood chipper info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsroberts

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing an Olathe chipper/shredder (approx 14" capacity). I cant seem to find out anything about the company or parts. It seems they(olathe) disappeared off the earth!! Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Warren

They did disappear off the earth. Toro bought them out and relabelled the Tub grinders and materials handling machines. The hand fed line was simply dropped. I have an Olathe 984. Zenith has knives and everything else consists of standard industrial parts.

Thanks Justin. Are you happy with the performance of your Olathe? I guess I will go ahead and purchase this one over here. Its a model #801 sc or 801 5c.
I live in Hawaii and can really appreciate your Martin L King quote.

Thanks,

Warren

Thank you Warren, I am pleased with my Olathe. It is not the epitome of chipper design-newer designs tend to make smaller chips and feed dead stuff better-but it works pretty well for me. One thing that I really like is that it is quiet. You can't hear it howling from 2 blocks away like so many chjippers. Kenn Shawcroft(Outonalimb) calls it the "stealth chipper".

Back