old cherry tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturegirl

Reaction score
I live on almost 1 acre in South surrey, b.c. and have many mature trees on my property. My property is bordered by a river on one side which has a berm to protect properties from being flooded. The berm is to be widened and raised over the next 2 years and, as part of the process, 3 of my trees must be removed. They are a maple, a russet apple and a huge cherry. The cherry has fruit that is red and yellow and the birds love it ( I can't reach it!). They will probably be taken down before the fruit appears and I was wondering if there is a way I could take a piece of the cherry and graft it or something. It is so sad to lose these wonderful trees but I will get to keep the wood. Naturegirl

I live on almost 1 acre in South surrey, b.c. and have many mature trees on my property. My property is bordered by a river on one side which has a berm to protect properties from being flooded. The berm is to be widened and raised over the next 2 years and, as part of the process, 3 of my trees must be removed. They are a maple, a russet apple and a huge cherry. The cherry has fruit that is red and yellow and the birds love it ( I can't reach it!). They will probably be taken down before the fruit appears and I was wondering if there is a way I could take a piece of the cherry and graft it or something. It is so sad to lose these wonderful trees but I will get to keep the wood. Naturegirl

Sounds like a Choke Cherry, or Bird cherry slang for around here anyhow! Wow I'm not to sure on the grafting thing, but it couldn't hurt to try. Good luck I'll be interested to see if anyone has succesfully accomplished that.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back