old craftsman 37ps??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Came across a blue and white craftsman chainsaw, all I can find as far as numbers go.....37PS.......It looks old it has an auto oiler so i guess it can't be that old. I am tryin to find some info on this thing, can anyone help?
I remember a link on here to some antique saw page but can't find it now!
thanks fellas!

thank you, brother!! thats what I was lookin for!

The only problem was they didn't have my saw listed! thanks anyways!

Last edited:
There have been recent threads on this saw. My guess is that it is a 3.7 cid made by
roper. The PS stands for Power-Sharp, a self sharpening feature that was a flop in the real world. Remove the self-sharpening mechanism and install a standard chain of the proper pitch and gauge. Most of these blue and white models had a weak plastic cover over the air filter which broke the first time the cover nut was over-tightened. A later model of this saw (The red ones with black plastic air filter cover) had a stronger cover which will work on your saw. I don't recall the model numbers off-hand.

hell!!! its in great shape hardly used, is it worth anything? I just can't find any numbers on it anywhere! should I take it apart?

My father bought his back in the early 70s. That was and is a great running saw and came with a roller-nose bar standard, tillotson carb, all metal chassis, sort of a Homelite superXL copy. Plenty of vibration. They don't make em like that anymore. Get'r running and use it.

My dad had 2 or 3 of them.I guess he couldn't help himself,he had to pep them up a bit,and run they did,my my.If I recall correctly he broke the cranks on 2 of them .I should find what's left of them,and see if I can get one out of three.I think he snagged a ring on the third one.That's when the old boy went to McCulloch[when they were still a good saw] and never owned any other after that.

Latest posts

Back