Old dog new tricks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow you are a biggen

tn_1200_61fa5f6cd7d0da6e4e22344685ba20b4.JPG.png

every now and then you actually are funny.

The best climber I have ever seen personally is 310-320lbs, His name is Samuel Ramirez second gen climber for Evergreen Tree Service in Atascadero Ca. He is a freak of nature,you wouldnt think the young man would be as powerful as he is. I whatched him rope down a huge Monterey Cypress down between four mobile homes with those tin car ports. We filled two roll off's that day just with wood. My dad a climber of 38 years was astounded, as was I. he finish it. Still blows me away. By the way he does own a Raptor, but he has hip thrusted 150' in a sequoia a year back.

The best climber I have ever seen personally is 310-320lbs, His name is Samuel Ramirez second gen climber for Evergreen Tree Service in Atascadero Ca. He is a freak of nature,you wouldnt think the young man would be as powerful as he is. I whatched him rope down a huge Monterey Cypress down between four mobile homes with those tin car ports. We filled two roll off's that day just with wood. My dad a climber of 38 years was astounded, as was I. he finish it. Still blows me away. By the way he does own a Raptor, but he has hip thrusted 150' in a sequoia a year back.

Sounds a little fishy to me.. not sure I'm buying that one..

Sounds a little fishy to me.. not sure I'm buying that one..

It's funny, this picture seems a little fishy to me, completely new gear, including boots, from this year. Looks like the first tree this guy has climbed, definitely the first tree this gear has seen. Is the guy less experienced than he lets on, or did all his gear, including boots get stolen at the same time.
But who really cares.:laugh:

I have just updated all my gear. I do lawn care but started doing tree work a couple years ago. I take all the money I make doing tree work and put it back into new gear. I just bought these hoffman boots, the climbing pads where almost new, the spikes are about a year old and the harness is about 3 years old same with the flip lines. I just bought a buckingham ergavation harness and sold the one in the pic. I dont climb all that much because I have a bucket truck. I really take good care of my equipment too. I am abite anal about it. I have seen alot of climbers that dont treat there harnesses and ropes very well. I might climb 1 outta every 10-15 trees I do. I have only a couple years of tree experience, but I have 12 years of high angle rescue experience not only from classes but from a few real life rescues. I have read a few books and I have some really good dvds about rigging. I learn something from every tree that I do. I havent claimed to know everything, but I do know a great deal. Dont be a haiter because I invested the money I make back into new gear. I hope within the next year to buy a new Morbark chipper. As far as the picture, I just resently started taking more pictures of my work for my website and advertising. Believe it or not, I used to rock climb. I might be big but I am strong as an oxe. I have been known to pick up a 1' dia locust log 6' long and carry it to the truck. The last time I leg pressed I did 1000 lbs two times.

Last edited:
I have just updated all my gear. I do lawn care but started doing tree work a couple years ago. I take all the money I make doing tree work and put it back into new gear. I just bought the boots, the climbing pads where almost new, the spikes are about a year old and the harness is about 3 years old same with the flip lines. I dont climb all that much because I have a bucket truck. I might climb 1 outta every ten trees I do. I have 12 years of high angle rescue experience not only from classes but from a few real life rescues. I just bought a buckingham ergavation harness and sold the one in the pic. Dont be a haiter because I invested the money I make into new gear. As far as the picture, I just resently started taking more pictures of my work for my website and advertising. Believe or not, I used to rock climb. I might be big but I am strong as an oxe. I have been known to pick up a 1' dia locust log 6' long and carry it to the truck. The last time I leg pressed I did 1000 lbs two times.

Interesting, how was i to know that was a picture of you when Stihl-O-Matic posted it first in this thread, i thought it was him and was tweaking him a bit.
I'm actually not hating on anybody for investing in new gear, i do it all the time, but there was only once when everything was new at the same time. Are we looking at the same picture? That saddle and lines are not three years old, unless you are only doing ten trees a year and thus have only climbed three trees. Same with those spikes, the lower straps on them do not look like they have been used for a year.
Didn't realize i was picking on you, but if that pic is yours, your years old equipment and 12 year rescue climbing training defense is funny.
I'm not even hating on big guys either, because while i have some inches on you, i'm not that much lighter than you.

Back