old husky seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to tell you the truth though i feel like i've been through this before. i think you can only use a 288 seal on one side but there is a 99% chance that i am wrong as i haven't done any in depth work on these saws in a long time.

to tell you the truth though i feel like i've been through this before. i think you can only use a 288 seal on one side but there is a 99% chance that i am wrong as i haven't done any in depth work on these saws in a long time.
thanks, again the sources for these in BC are more scarce than the states

65-6_zps9b310fc3.jpg

What does your old 65 look like?

65-5_zps15f33170.jpg

You don't see many L65's around anymore, I found this one late last winter in Colorado's Black Forest, the C/L ad said "Old Husqvarna Blocking chainsaw" and no pic. Being a husky fan I drove 65 miles one way to see what it was, thinking it was a 61...

I bought it on a whim as I have some nice huskies, 154se, 261/262xp x 3, 266xpg, 268/272xp, 357xp, 372xp, 395xp. It wouldn't run because the fuel line was rotted, I put this blue fuel hose in and off she went. This hose swelled up in the tank so I ordered the new Husqvarna kit, a 372 curly line with a grommet to seal the tank.

I have checked out eBay to see what the value might be out of curiosity but have not seen any decent runners for sale since. This winter I'll clean it up and make up a fresh chain for it... It's a torqy son of a gun.

Please post the seal size when you find it.

thanks for the thread, President

Back