Old McCulloch chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt2283

Reaction score
I need help from anyone with knowledge of old McCulloch chainsaws. My grandfather passed away in 2000 and I've got an old chainsaw of his I would like to restore. The problem is I can't identify exactly what model it is or anything. Flipping the chainsaw upside down I saw the numbers 250 and further to the right 28306 which almost looked hand stamped into it. Any help identifying and tips on getting it cleaned up and running would be greatly appreciated! Attached are two photos I took. View attachment 312244View attachment 312245

I definitely plan on keeping it, just want to get it back in running shape. Make it something he'd be proud of you know?

:msp_smile::msp_smile::msp_smile: you might look in the mac stickies and post a thread too, those guys know there stuff!
in the chainsaw stickies at the top of the chainsaw page

McCulloch stamped the model number and the serial number on the bottom of the block. The numbers can be sloppy, giving rise to the joke the Robert's drunken nephew was given the job. You have a 250, I am on my phone so I can't post a link to the specs on Mike Acres site.

Latest posts

Back