Old McCulloch scrench (pic.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gearhead1

Gearhead1

ArboristSite Operative
I thought I'd share these photos of a vintage McCulloch scrench for my 1-76. I ordered it from a dealer that still had it in stock, factory new! On one side is printed "McCulloch" and on the reverse is "Made in W. Germany". Hope you fans of the yellow saws will enjoy seeing this, and note how it differs from our modern stamped and welded screnches.

dingo

dingo

ArboristSite Guru
Gearhead1 said:
I thought I'd share these photos of a vintage McCulloch scrench for my 1-76. I ordered it from a dealer that still had it in stock, factory new! On one side is printed "McCulloch" and on the reverse is "Made in W. Germany". Hope you fans of the yellow saws will enjoy seeing this, and note how it differs from our modern stamped and welded screnches.
I have one that looks like that in the shop; I believe it is from my grandpa's Mac 35 which is gone, but by golly the scrench is still here, I'll look to see if it is made in W. Germany.;)

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
They do make them, almost. Buy yourself a 12 point 45 degree offset box wrench in the desired size. Cut off the unwanted end, and beat the piss out of it on an anvil to cold form a screwdriver. No problem, what size do you want and how many. :D ...Bob

Latest posts