Old Riggin' Pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, a neighbor brewed a beer and named it Old Riggin' Pants as I suggested. I am quaffing it now. It is lighter than his porter, and is very smooth.

I spent the day volunteering on the Pacific Crest Trail. We built several of those steps that help to stop the trail from turning into a ditch. Or they slow down the process a bit. No chainsaws today because of the Fire Danger All Around;). We used hand tools. I was able to show a youngster the finer points of operating a pulaski. The weather was very hot and humid. But coming home, the temperature has returned to the happier zones--68 now.

Well, time to fill up my glass. It is a 22 ounce bottle.

:cheers:

It is gone. It was a good beer. I give it....:msp_thumbsup:

This is hilarious. I live in the East European drinking culture. That means people are drinking just about anything - denaturated alcohol, mouthwash, eau de cologne, machinery fluids... Yet no one, I mean absolutely nobody here, neither in Russia, would even consider hoisting something called Old Rigging Pants. That must be horrible, would be the first thought. Possibly contagious. But hey, Old Spice, pass it over, will you?

Samlock,

In my part of the country, brewers try to come up with original, funny names for beers. One brewery had Yellow Snow Ale. The label showed a guy saluting with his fist, a dog, and a yellow mountain behind them.
My friend has a T-shirt that says Polygamy Ale, When One Is Not Enough. Then there is Arrogant Bastard Ale, Moose Drool, and many other funny named brews.

Old Riggin' Pants "fits" right into our culture. :laugh:

Isn't it great living on the left coast where you can be a beer snob? Deschutes, Rogue, Ninkasi among others. I know there is a few up your way in WaRshington as well. Not to mention all the home-brewers...

In my part of the country, brewers try to come up with original, funny names for beers. One brewery had Yellow Snow Ale.

Geeze....

Last spring I was in the Russian side of Karelia by the booze shelf trying to pick up a bottle of vodka. I'm confused with their brands these days. They change all the time. And they are giving their vodkas more and more fancy names. I couldn't make up my mind, so I asked a local guy, Sasha, which one should I take? Which one is good?

"Take the cheapest", Sasha said. "They all come from the same tap."

Last edited:
How's the Suomi weather this time of year?

It's early fall. There's some yellow leaves here and there. Mild temperatures around 50 - 60 F. A couple of freezing nights we had last week. It's a lot drier now than in the summer. All and all - Suomi weather is now next to perfect to me. Excellent, I say.

How's Colorado. Did you suffer drought this season as I've heard most of the states did?

It's early fall. There's some yellow leaves here and there. Mild temperatures around 50 - 60 F. A couple of freezing nights we had last week. It's a lot drier now than in the summer. All and all - Suomi weather is now next to perfect to me. Excellent, I say.

How's Colorado. Did you suffer drought this season as I've heard most of the states did?

. What lattitude are you at? ? That is about exactly the same as here. Rainy a little tho.

. What lattitude are you at? ? That is about exactly the same as here. Rainy a little tho.

Tramp, I'm at 62 degrees 36 minutes north / 29 degrees 45' 50'' east.

Almost identical latitude and just about on the opposite side of the big ball...

have they got a label for the ol riggin pants? if they do love to have a bottle to put on the shelf.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back