Old stihl 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Did the old 066's have a little rev light on them and an aluiminum piece that the airfilter mounted to.
It also looks a bit wider from the side cover to recoil cover. No tags on the saw, just picked it up and took a glance at it. It ran kinda bad, I think the intake boot is ripped. $100 and its mine, wondering if this is an 066? Might be able to get you guys a pic.

Hi Jim, I think you may be looking at an 064, its the only saw that I recall having the digital rev limiter light. The 064 runs like it is possessed if you defeat the limiter. Truly a saw worth keeping since a lot of the parts are interchangeable between the 064 and 066.
John

It ran ok at idle, but when give it gas it would rev out and die. I looked at the intake boot and it is cracked. Hopefully I can get a pic of it tomarrow when I got back into work. 15 minutes and I head home :)

I might have a mag for an newer 066 and flywheel I can get a hold of if the ignition is bad. Needs the chainbrake piece also. Its got some miles on it, find out tomarrow whats wrong...

Back