Old trusty, the if you could have only one saw thread, the reply after 6 or 8 years of having only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw would clean up good. I have a couple 026's that one looks new besided. I like the muffler and skip chain. I have owned several 026's, at least a couple or each of the three updates that was made to the saw. They got it right on the last update as I have a Pro 026 that is my favorite of at least 200 chainsaws I have owned.

20180304_085150-jpg.637208

What's up neighbor :hi:.
I can make an ms290 "look" faster than a 361 too, all depends on what you want to promote :laugh:.
Even so for work I like my mtronic saws and autotune saws as they sip fuel which saves time on refueling and gets the job done quicker and drastically reduces the time per cut if that's what we are talking about.
I still enjoy running the 346/353's.
Yeah, I hear you, & you make a good point. You could put 5 346s or 550s or any number of others against each other & find that one particular model is stronger & faster than the other four of the same model, or that they were all different. I know of a stock MS440 that regularly spanked ported ones. I have run only one 550, & it was fast, but whether it was consistently faster than 346s I don't know. All of the 346s I have run were ported, & they were all screamers, some more so than others. I've also had the pleasure of running ported 026s, 260s, & my 261. There are no flies having a tea party on the chains!!

Well, I must truthfully admit that other than cutting firewood ( 6-chords per year to heat the house ) the saw I primarily use around the place for general wood-working and tree-trimming is a Husky 146 with 18-inch bar. It is a very good little workhorse for green limbs up to around 12-inches. But, I really enjoy the pull of the big saws when wood-cutting.

No Kidding ! _ _ _ before moving to the Sacramento Valley here in California, I owned a home in Fortuna, California on the Pacific Coast and I had an Old Growth Redwood stump on my property which measured 14-feet across ! it looked like a dance-floor !
A 70-year old man walked up the driveway one day, and told me his father built the house in 1920, and when he was blasting the old growth stumps from below the house he encountered a stubborn one. His father kept increasing the charge of powder and he said when that one particular pesky stump finally broke-loose, the charge blew it up-hill completely over the two-story home and into the trees above. ….. a good powder day !

Yeah, I hear you, & you make a good point. You could put 5 346s or 550s or any number of others against each other & find that one particular model is stronger & faster than the other four of the same model, or that they were all different. I know of a stock MS440 that regularly spanked ported ones. I have run only one 550, & it was fast, but whether it was consistently faster than 346s I don't know. All of the 346s I have run were ported, & they were all screamers, some more so than others. I've also had the pleasure of running ported 026s, 260s, & my 261. There are no flies having a tea party on the chains!!
Yep.
The 550's I've had were faster than the 346, 550's for work and the 346 when I'm cutting firewood.
This was yesterday, time them, sure I could have leaned the 346 out a little, but it runs right where it is consistently which to me is most comparable to the 550 since you don't have to tune it ;). The 550 cut first with the B&C, figured the bad old sightly modded 346 would have no problem pulling ahead with a chain that made a total of 6 cuts lol. Maybe I'll touch that chain up and do a video of the 2145 with a ported AM 346 cylinder and the almost new 450 husky next, that might be an upsetter :yes:.

Latest posts

Back