• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Older Cannon roller tip in 3/8 058

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I'm putting together a Frankenstein slabbing / CSM setup, as follows:

- Dolmar 133 (85cc) power head
- Oregon PowerMate two-piece sprocket & rim
- Vintage Cannon 36" bar in .058 .404
- Granberg clone mill (for now)

Now, the Cannon bar is a roller tip with .404. I am having ZERO luck finding 404 058 ripping chain, so I think my best option is to modify the tip to 3/8 (.375), right?

Anyone have a Cannon tip in the style of the attached photo? If not, is it possible to drill out and replace just the sprocket? Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• cannon sprocket tip.jpg
    cannon sprocket tip.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 14
You should be able to find that tip in 3/8. I remember the .404 being hard to find and 3/8 more readily available. That may have changed. BTW, that is an old Oregon tip bought and used by Cannon. Should help your search.

As far as replacing the actual sprocket, short of drilling out your old one and matching it up to another, I don't know where you'll get a part for that. Some sprocket noses are replaceable that way.

For the ripping chain .404 .058 chipiper is out there. You'll have to grind it to rip with is all.

Cannon bar.jpg

Bahaha… this is ridiculous. :) Now waiting on an Oregon hub, and found an Oregon 3/8 sprocket (so I don't have to try to find .404 .058 ripping chain).

Back