Older Dolmars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a 115 a few months ago at a pawn shop for $40.00. I put a few new parts on it and it is like new and runs great. All together I have about 100 bucks in it. So far it has worked great for me, makes a nice firewood saw.

I ran the 115 for a few years and it was a nice light saw. I still have a 116si, alittle heavy but will outcut a 361 with a 20 inch bar buried. My stock 166 runs good also. My alcohol 166 runs great. I keep looking for a 120si but people seem to hold on them.

The only older Dolmar I have is a 115i. It does not look like it has more than a couple tanks through it. My buddy who has a lawnmower shop gave it to me because the customer did not want to pay to fix it. One phone call and a new $60.00 coil and it runs like a new saw which it virtually is. I wish my luck ran like that just a little more often.

Any one use older Dolmars to cut fire wood with? I use two 123s 1 with full rap,and 24in bar, 1 with half rap 20in bar, boath weigh a ton, but non stopable.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Hi guys; I have been a big Sacs Dolmar fan since 1985 when my dad and I both bought saws the same day, mine was a 120 super and his a116. His 116 always cut so fast that the dealer took it back and did a little take down on it to see why it cut so fast and found it had a factory port job and it came with a factory dual port muffler. I still have them both and have added a few others. Two 113`s,two 116si, two more 116`s ,a regular 120 and two 112`s. I have a 110 in transit at this time. As you can see I really like these saws and last Saturday I cut 2.5 cords of maple off the stump and blocked up with my 120 super . I have over 40 running saws to choose from and always love to take out a Sachs and run it all day. I do not care what a saw weighs or how high it revs. but in my collection the Sachs Dolmars are a personal favorite. Pioneerguy600

Old Dolmars

My brother inlaw has a 117 he bought used 20+ yrs ago, cut alot of wood strong runner. I'm the only one that ever worked on it. only had to r+r pull rope, fuel tank connector,and fuel + vent hoses in all that time. also its point iignition,never toched it.

Any one use older Dolmars to cut fire wood with? I use two 123s 1 with full rap,and 24in bar, 1 with half rap 20in bar, boath weigh a ton, but non stopable.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I use an 105 for my beater saw nipping stuff close to the ground where I need to, and I'll use it here and there on small firewood. I got 2 more for parts. Run a 112 and 111 for a while in the last couple years. I buy a lot of saws for resale and try them out and or use them for a while in my saw lineup. Starters on the 105 and 111 may be a little week from my experiance, but all else I have nothing bad to say other then dealer support-parts issue.
112 a little heavy but started and run great.
Lot of the old S.D.'s around here and they have a great reputation and I like them myself.

I use a Sachs Dolmar 143, it's a little heavy but it has heaps of power, for the
smaller stuff i use a Dolmar 115i, both decent saws built to last.

Yep love em! Usually take the 120si and 111 out firewooding. Or 116si and 111. Can't beat em. Always start right up and will idle all day long.:clap: :greenchainsaw:

I had a 133, 24 inch bar, 85cc, 6Hp, real heavy and a real torque monster when it ran.
Needed new coil and flywheel, replaced them then sold it on as it broke my heart at that stage, wish I still had it now though!

I had a 143 MX that I sold to fund another saw prodject. I also have a poulan 6000 wich is a 153. Both great saws. The picture is my 143 pulling a burried 42" bar with authority. the 143 has more tourque than my 066. I haven't cut any big wood with the 153 yet but is should be fun. I would love to get a 166 and a 120 super

gotta love em

i used to use several dolmars when i trimmed trees many year ago, around the mid 80's. they outran anything we had! just recently i got a chance to buy an old 120si. didnt run, needed some parts, still looking for a choke lever, thats all i need to complete it. i first pulled the spark plug and cylinder was perfect. so i bought it. pulled carb, needed a kit(ones in the mail now) welch plug was out. cleaned it up and it is a mean runner. total investment so far; $55, best money i spent.

it is the perfect complement to my arsenal and will be the saw of choice for when i cut firewood.
arsenal is:
dolmar 120si :chainsaw:
poulin
homeylite
2 macs

Well this is my second post to this thread on Older Dolmars. I am about to start to put together a 116si from 5-6 donor saws,this will be a real Frankenstein but I have taken the best parts from the donor saws and I think a good saw will emerge from the heap.I will post again and let all know if its a success. Pioneerguy600

i used to use several dolmars when i trimmed trees many year ago, around the mid 80's. they outran anything we had! just recently i got a chance to buy an old 120si. didnt run, needed some parts, still looking for a choke lever, thats all i need to complete it. i first pulled the spark plug and cylinder was perfect. so i bought it. pulled carb, needed a kit(ones in the mail now) welch plug was out. cleaned it up and it is a mean runner. total investment so far; $55, best money i spent.

it is the perfect complement to my arsenal and will be the saw of choice for when i cut firewood.
arsenal is:
dolmar 120si :chainsaw:
poulin
homeylite
2 macs

I still have those injector levers in stock NEW plus used all over the place

Scott

Latest posts

Back