Older Mccolough saw - wheres the model number ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetatate

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this site , so let me know if I do anything wrong :)

I'm in the UK

I have an elderly mccolough saw I bought 2nd hand , although old it seemed it hadn't done much work and was in good conditon.
I've used it without problem for a couple of years .

It was always quite hard to start but recently I couldn't get it to start . I checked for spark which was Ok and anyway changed the plug

I checked for obvios blockages and cracked pipe all seemed OK .

I then removed the carb and checked for any problems with diaphrms or blockages alls seems OK but I can't think what else it could be so perhaps I need to rebuild carb .

I don't know if I can get a repair kit for this saw , which is trickier still as I can't find a model number on this saw.
Perhaps I can post a photo here and someone may know the model ?

Tetatate

Any ideas would be appreciated .

Hi Lee
Thanks for your response.
Do you mean on the actual engine block , under the outer casings ?

I can't see anything just on the underside of the saw ?

Paul

Pic's are worth a million words.
On alot of vintage Mac's the model of the
saw is stamped into the bottom of the block.

Lee

Hi
Thanks for, advice.
I took the saw to my local shop they found a kit by comparing the diaphragm shapes and I've left the saw with them they will clean the carb with their ultrasonic cleaner and fit the new Kit .

I hope that will sort the problem, I couldn't see any problem with the diaphragms or dirt, the carb seemed very clean but perhaps there is a blockage of diaphragm problem that can't easily been seen.
As there was a good spark I guess it must be a carb prroblesm?

I have another look for the model number when I get the saw back , it would be good to know !

Thanks for your help.

Tetatate

Back