Older Stihl 024

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PT81man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is my first post on this site so please forgive me if this question has been already answered. I have a 35 YO Stihl 024 and wanted to replace some of the worn parts. Inside the chain cover is a plastic guard. The original part number is 1125 656 1500. This has been replaced with 1125 656 1501 which is a rubber part that does not fit this cover. I have searched the net and an original is not available. I looked to see if there was an update to the cover to accept this new rubber guard but no newer cover is listed.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I got a list of dealers from Stihl and the few I called do not have this part. It is not imperative I change this, but since I am in the process of refreshing this hardly-used saw, I thought it would be nice to change what I can.
Regards,
PT81man

Thanks for all the replies. I did find an after-market cover with a chain guard and plastic inserts on eBay for almost the same price as the rubber guard. I purchased the updated replacement guard and received the rubber one that would not fit my cover so it is going back. I should have the new cover with all inserts by next week. With snow covering most of the ground, I will not be out doing any cutting soon.
Regards,
PT81man

Latest posts

Back