On or Off ..Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menchhofer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried sharpening stump grinder teeth without removing them from the grinding wheel? If so, what has been your results?

I see Sherrill sells a diamond wheel for use on a portable grinder for sharpening stump grinder teeth. Has anyone tried this?

The setup seems like a good idea, but seeming (sp) and being can be totally different. It sure would save alot of time if it actually works properly..........

I noticed that wheel also Mench. I don't now about sharpening teeth on the wheel. I see no reason why you couldn't do a good job on the teeth but I'd likely want to reset the depth settings so that all the teeth are to spec and match. That being the case it doesn't seem worthwhile.

You have to keep the wheel steady, but it works for a quick field sharpening. If the teeth get chipped, replace them in the field (instead of handheld grinding) and save them for your bench green wheel. Just my observations.

Latest posts

Back