One Man Crosscut Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rube2112

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, Is there a forum here that discusses manual crosscut saws? I need some advice on what brand. Thanks...Robb

No forum here on Traditional tools. What do you want to know? For a general purpose saw, it's hard to beat an old Disston, Atkins, or Simonds. If the blade is straight and the teeth ok, they'll be better than anything you'll get from a catalog with the exception of a Tutatahi, but those are pricey. I can give you the name of a guy who reconditions old saws if you're interested.

HI, I'd love to have the guy's name. Just lookin for a good saw that I can use. Robb

No forum here on Traditional tools. What do you want to know? For a general purpose saw, it's hard to beat an old Disston, Atkins, or Simonds. If the blade is straight and the teeth ok, they'll be better than anything you'll get from a catalog with the exception of a Tutatahi, but those are pricey. I can give you the name of a guy who reconditions old saws if you're interested.

Back