One Man Stump Router

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencatherine

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could give me some information to help my Grand dad. He owns a tree farm and has a one man stump router from the Hodges Co. He wanted to get a users manual to find where dip stick is supposed to be located.

I googled the Hodges stump grinder and really came back with nothing close to what you asked for. I did come across the link below tough. If the unit looks anything like this I recommend getting the make and model number off of the engine and chasing that.

ONE MAN STUMP ROUTER;

A lot of these older engines that only have the oil fill plug on the lower side of the block. If this is the case they either had a small dip stick on the fill plug, or only needed to be filled to the point of over-flow at that plug.

NOTE: I assumed you are referring to the engine oil, AND that stump router is a one man grinder like the one in the link? Best of luck!

I remember the old Hodges machines. They used a variety of engines. Sometimes you'll find the dipstick right in the oil fill.

Latest posts

Back