One of the last 346xp's. Finally Mine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OntheLevel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After months of 0 success. Thanks You XSKIER. He pointed me to a True Value Hardware in Milford

MI.

Wow they have 3 left still.

Anyway I weighed it bone dry. No oil or gas EVER! 11.2 pounds!!!!

Looks like the J'red and Husky versions weigh the same:taped:

Husky rounds down I guess. Anyway pics coming soon. Which clutch cover do I get to replace this

fugly silver one? Thanks

Adam

After months of 0 success. Thanks You XSKIER. He pointed me to a True Value Hardware in Milford

MI.

Husky rounds down I guess. Anyway pics coming soon. Which clutch cover do I get to replace this

fugly silver one?
Thanks

Adam

I powder coated mine.$15.00 :cool2:
resized.jpg

Last edited:

MI.

fugly silver one? Thanks

Adam

Got me a Husky 353 clutch cover from Baileys to replace the gray one, at the time was about $53. Worth every penny, exact fit.

MI.

fugly silver one? Thanks

Adam

That has always been the true weight of the 50cc version, and just .2 lbs more than the specs say.

If you put a 2153 on the same scale, it likely will show 11.3 - a little more if the muffler is a cat one...

A 353 clutch cover will fit, as will a 351, 350 and 345 one, or a 346 one from before may or so in 2007. They all are the same cover. I wouldn't bother though....

Sad story...:D

Granted, color choice was questionable but the need to powder coat was there. The factory coating had been contaminated with a lot of paint remover.;)

Last edited:
She does weight 11.2 pounds. Never a drop of fluid. The guy said do you want to gas up and start it.?

I said "NO". I want to weigh it bone dry.

I think that puts the myth to rest that the 2153 is

.2 pounds heavier.

Under the top cover they look like exactly the same thing to my untrained eye. In fact like twins.

Brothers of another color.

Last edited:
She does weight 11.2 pounds. Never a drop of fluid. The guy said do you want to gas up and start it.?

.2 pounds heavier.

Under the top cover the look like exactly the same thing to my untrained eye. In fact like twins.

Why should that info "put to rest" anything - there is absolutely zero new info here?:confused2:

The 2153 actually will weight a few grams more, as there is a little more plastic in the starter side covers, and the streigh across handlebar is slightly longer in total. :laugh::laugh:

Nobody ever said that the weight difference mattered (except as a joke) - but the difference in the handlebar angle does.

:bang:
Why should that info "put to rest" anything - there is absolutely zero new info here?:confused2:

The 2153 actually will weight a few grams more, as there is a little more plastic in the starter side covers, and the streigh across handlebar is slightly longer in total. :laugh::laugh:

Nobody ever said that the weight difference mattered (except as a joke) - but the difference in the handlebar angle does.

:bang:

.2 pounds heavier.

Under the top cover the look like exactly the same thing to my untrained eye. In fact like twins.

you sure?

ill leave this right here

Different scales obviosly can show a little different numbers - but if you look a little into Youngs different pictures, they illustrate a few points (no real surprices though). :msp_smile:

In this case, the cat muffler from the 2153 added 1.6 oz. When that difference was eliminated, the 2153 still was a 2.2 oz heavier than the 346xp.

Last edited:
You guys really love to split hairs......... :D

There are a few times when it makes sense to do so! :biggrin:

To further split the hairs, there actually was some paperwork attached to those saws when Young put them on the scale....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back