oo, oo, Bermie got a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 361 is going to be my next purchase but i'm not going to post a thread on it until I get it. :cheers:

How are you liking your new one so far.

Hmmm, there are several in the beginning of the tread......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsawguy:

Hey SawTroll I seen em,,, I was just hoping to see Mrs Bermie in action with the 361 slinging some chips and knocking down the Casuarina tree,, No problem Bermie just stirring the pot a bit!!!!

:cheers: not only is it the the middle and beginngng, it's also the end ;)

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Just saw this thread.

It was great meeting you in person, awesome tree geek like myslef! :rock:

Glad you are happy with the purchase!

Let us know how it works in the wood.

Hi BB, yup, good to put faces to posters!
Tree geeks forever:clap:
The 361 (I really have to give it a name) has been test started and warmed up ready for tomorrow, watch this space...:popcorn: :popcorn: pics later this week.
Cheers all:cheers: :cheers:

Ok, this is personal :laugh: but "Prince of Darkness", comes from a buddy I had who, once back from his tour of duty in Vietnam as a doorgunner would say as you went face down on his bar from to much hootch. Or drink. So the "Prince of Darkness" could be form anywhere. I no not of him myself:D but maybe some of you folks do. :clap:

Hi BB, yup, good to put faces to posters!
Tree geeks forever:clap:
The 361 (I really have to give it a name) has been test started and warmed up ready for tomorrow, watch this space...:popcorn: :popcorn: pics later this week.
Cheers all:cheers: :cheers:

You could call it Bermie's Beast :cheers:

Pictures

Well it's been a busy week....
Thanks Ultra for the manual, I'm set now!

Here are some pix of the new saw in action, first a Norfolk Pine takedown, then a casuarina demolition.
Both trees were bigger than the 20" bar I have, so bore cuts were necessary, fine in the pine, but REAL jumpy in the casuarina, its very hard wood.
The pine stub came down with a 'dogstooth' cut (bore and release) as it had a bad lean towards the power lines and house, I left the release quite big and forgot to 'cut the ears' so the bark didn't tear, but just bent. You experts will see it all! Little bit of 'new saw' syndrome!
The casuarina was demolished bit by bit then the stump cut and pulled over, tiny hinge as there was no directional weight to get it going, we had to wedge and pull it. It was in a nature reserve so I had to avoid all the native plantings.

The saw is running ok, bogging a bit in the hard wood when buried full length but it's barely broken in yet!

Pine pics are first, next post for the others.

Well it's been a busy week....
Thanks Ultra for the manual, I'm set now!

Here are some pix of the new saw in action, first a Norfolk Pine takedown, then a casuarina demolition.
Both trees were bigger than the 20" bar I have, so bore cuts were necessary, fine in the pine, but REAL jumpy in the casuarina, its very hard wood.
The pine stub came down with a 'dogstooth' cut (bore and release) as it had a bad lean towards the power lines and house, I left the release quite big and forgot to 'cut the ears' so the bark didn't tear, but just bent. You experts will see it all! Little bit of 'new saw' syndrome!
The casuarina was demolished bit by bit then the stump cut and pulled over, tiny hinge as there was no directional weight to get it going, we had to wedge and pull it. It was in a nature reserve so I had to avoid all the native plantings.

The saw is running ok, bogging a bit in the hard wood when buried full length but it's barely broken in yet!

Pine pics are first, next post for the others.

Cool, but I am not sure that I can "read" that stump correctly......;)

Cool, but I am not sure that I can "read" that stump correctly......;)

The bit at the top of the butt end was the release, looks like a big wedge, then the backcut flat bit with the two levels of the bore cut as I didn't quite match it from side to side, then the hinge fibres. On each side you can see where the bark held and 'bent'. The wedge of course is hidden in the front.:popcorn:

Last edited:
Back