Opinions on brush saw harnesses?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemelisk

Reaction score
Hey, so I know this isn't chainsaw related, but I didn't see a spot on the forum for brush saw questions. Does anyone have experience with the stihl or husqvarna models of brush saw harnesses? Or more specifically, their use with backpacks. Normally I've used the standard stihl brush saw harness, but I'm looking at upgrading to something that spreads the weight across the hips and shoulders rather than entirely on the shoulders (my body is suffering, and I rubbed all the skin off my shoulders last season and got a nasty infection, I really don't want to repeat that). Specifically Husqvarnas and stihls most expensive models. The one concern is how well they work while wearing a backpack (I generally carry 6-8 litres of gas and 2 or 3 litres of water on my back) They both have hard plastic back pieces and it seems like they might interfere or simply be a non-issue - hard to tell until the season starts and I'm stuck with the harness I have for the season. Specifically the husky balance xt, and I can't remember what the stihl ones are called.

Anybody have experience using them with backpacks?

Of my 2 bigger brush cutters (45cc stihl and 43cc husky) I use the Husqvarna harness with both, its got a waist belt and is a mile better than the stihl one that I suspect was a lower grade unit that stihl gave away with the machine (fs450?)

Probably costs all of a few bucks to make a better harness that would save people from a lot of pain of using there product, the companies shouldnt be screwing buyers over by making said item an expensive "option" after spending big money on there machine. (this applys to all the big machine makers)

Of the 2 machines themselves, I like the husky more, its been more reliable.

Latest posts

Back