Opinions on Walkerizing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayfromwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm thinking real serious about shipping my 660 up there to Walkers saw shop for the "Walkerizing". Just curious if anyone here has tried them and was it worth it. Just looking for more power, without always having to use my 880 (heavy). Thanks

i would consider walkers a great saw, but mild to some of the builders around here. there are several choices here on AS and a few others on hotsaws.com
Washington Hot Saws, Gypo, Helsels, and of course me :) i can only speak personal experiance on saws from WHS and from me. both are top notch. im sure the others are just as good.

I have used a few Huskies that were Walkerized, impressive. They have a very good rep. for quite a while now.

bigjayfromwa said:
I'm thinking real serious about shipping my 660 up there to Walkers saw shop for the "Walkerizing". Just curious if anyone here has tried them and was it worth it. Just looking for more power, without always having to use my 880 (heavy). Thanks
How much of a performance increase do you want?

I sent a NIB 088 up to Naniamo to be built into a full race saw. After many hundreds of dollars and private plane ride to go pick it up here is what I got.

1. Tuned pipe that fits perfectly on a 4 cube saw.

2. Port timing a mile off.

3. When grinding exhaust port and you blow clean thru to the cooling fin above (hole about .500 to .600 dia.) please do not fill hole with JB-WELD and regrind. It was hard to see with a light carbon buildup.

After a few runs trying to get it tuned right and pulling the header for inspection the jb-weld was melting and burning away. Note this started to really show when I had the saw bolted to Madsens Dyno. and taking a few pulls. Tried a few calls but no return call from walkers. Guess they figured they screwed a yankee and there is'nt much I could do about it.

anyway a new jug, 3120 piston and some magic by KD and she runs with the best of them. There is my 2 cents

Rotax Robert

Rotax Robert said:
I sent a NIB 088 up to Naniamo to be built into a full race saw. After many hundreds of dollars and private plane ride to go pick it up here is what I got.

1. Tuned pipe that fits perfectly on a 4 cube saw.

2. Port timing a mile off.

3. When grinding exhaust port and you blow clean thru to the cooling fin above (hole about .500 to .600 dia.) please do not fill hole with JB-WELD and regrind. It was hard to see with a light carbon buildup.

After a few runs trying to get it tuned right and pulling the header for inspection the jb-weld was melting and burning away. Note this started to really show when I had the saw bolted to Madsens Dyno. and taking a few pulls. Tried a few calls but no return call from walkers. Guess they figured they screwed a yankee and there is'nt much I could do about it.

anyway a new jug, 3120 piston and some magic by KD and she runs with the best of them. There is my 2 cents

Rotax Robert
That is a nasty story. There is no more Walker's as of two days ago. They were purchased by Challenger, of Langley BC. This is not a rumour, it is a fact.

ShoerFast said:
Real, as in Red Bluff saws? ,,,,, or the real like the 150 or so patrons of pro-faller in BC ?

Kevin
C'mon Simon...you of all people should know by now that you can run but you can't hide. Where are the Red Bluff Saws? ShoerFast has people in Red Bluff, I have people in Red Bluff and only live an hour away. Cahoon knows everybody thats anybody as far as fallers go. We"ve all offered to help out with this Red Bluff thing but all you've done is duck and dodge. Put up or shut up,son. Its just that easy.

Simonizer said:
You have never had a real saw in your hands obviously.
Is that so, you cull, you can barely fall out of bed, never mind fall a tree, get lost.

Simonizer said:
You're starting to hurt my feelings.:cry:

I just can't stand no more.
These post are not intended to be about simmon and they turn out to be.
Simmon without ridiculing my spelling or the way I speak. Tell me and every body else. Were a saw can be seen and used to varify your integrity of a saw builder. Maybe then we can stick to a issue and your opinion could be a contribution.
How about showing something small like the way you do a muffler mod on a 372. As compared to a Walkersized one.

Originally Posted by clearance
I have used a few Huskies that were Walkerized, impressive. They have a very good rep. for quite a while now.

Reply #9 Posted by Simmon

You have never had a real saw in your hands obviously.
(Point Taken)

Back