Opinions on Walkerizing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't Know anybody with a Wakersized saw. but am interested in there Muffler mods and wood saw mods.
If there was a buy out I am sure the help goes with the buy out. Hate to see anybody lose their job.

manual said:
I don't Know anybody with a Wakersized saw. but am interested in there Muffler mods and wood saw mods.
If there was a buy out I am sure the help goes with the buy out. Hate to see anybody lose their job.
Donny is staying on as head mechanic, John will run the show and Bob has retired. I think Justin is staying as well, (apprentice mechanic). I will stop in the next time I'm in Nanaimo to see what's going on. (Probably in a week or so).

Simonizer said:
Donny is staying on as head mechanic, John will run the show and Bob has retired. I think Justin is staying as well, (apprentice mechanic). I will stop in the next time I'm in Nanaimo to see what's going on. (Probably in a week or so).

Will somebody put a webcam on the front and back door of Walkers...? Charge a buck for signup... Might be worth the price of admission...:)

Lakeside53 said:
Will somebody put a webcam on the front and back door of Walkers...? Charge a buck for signup... Might be worth the price of admission...:)
Might be pretty boring. I have known Don for 10 years. We have a rivalry, big deal. We have been known to have a beer together on occasion.

L-Enterprises said:
There you are......Simon are we taking last nites challange ? Or are you way to big of a puzzy ?:dizzy:
Good evening you chubby little bugger you. As soon as I get my permission slip signed, and my mom says it's OK, I will proceed. I hope I don't get grounded.:cheers:

They were nice folks to deal with, but considering that the two MS260 mufflers of mine that Walkers ported were done incorrectly by them and can not even be fit back on, I can tell you they won't be getting anywhere near my saws.

My 372XP mufflers that Walkers did fit and run ok, but they are pretty rough looking.

I now realize that for me, those way-oversized ports are counterproductive anyway, more "show" than well-engineered "go."

Rotax Robert said:
I sent a NIB 088 up to Naniamo to be built into a full race saw. After many hundreds of dollars and private plane ride to go pick it up here is what I got.

1. Tuned pipe that fits perfectly on a 4 cube saw.

2. Port timing a mile off.

3. When grinding exhaust port and you blow clean thru to the cooling fin above (hole about .500 to .600 dia.) please do not fill hole with JB-WELD and regrind. It was hard to see with a light carbon buildup.

After a few runs trying to get it tuned right and pulling the header for inspection the jb-weld was melting and burning away. Note this started to really show when I had the saw bolted to Madsens Dyno. and taking a few pulls. Tried a few calls but no return call from walkers. Guess they figured they screwed a yankee and there is'nt much I could do about it.

anyway a new jug, 3120 piston and some magic by KD and she runs with the best of them. There is my 2 cents

Rotax Robert

Just thought I would bring my 2 cents back up front, besides I am approaching a thousand posts and every one counts.

Rotax Robert

Rotax Robert said:
Just thought I would bring my 2 cents back up front, besides I am approaching a thousand posts and every one counts.

Rotax Robert

I was expecting at least a beer at 1000, but...:) Wonder if you get two beers for 2k? :givebeer:

Simonizer said:
Flatlander? I'm surrounded by mountains, lakes and the Pacific Ocean.:givebeer:
u forgot Chelse's pond, I think thats either north or south of the Pacific, cant remember, but good to know your there:cheers:

Latest posts

Back