Oregon bar on Stihl saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbolyard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any problems with doing this? I know that Stihl brand bars are preferred on their saws, but I see quite a few pop up with Oregon bars on them and I was curious if a guy ended up with this combo if he'd be better off replacing the bar.

Any problems with doing this? I know that Stihl brand bars are preferred on their saws, but I see quite a few pop up with Oregon bars on them and I was curious if a guy ended up with this combo if he'd be better off replacing the bar.

Na. I like mine.

attachment.php

Canadian Stihl branded bars (mostly???) are rebadged Oregon, and some have been sold in the US as well, when the German Sthl bars were in short supply.

Na. I like mine.

attachment.php

That's how all 025/250s should have been set up, and they would have had a better rep for cutting performance.......:givebeer:

The 25RM/RMC that was/is standard on them here is close to a disaster on that saw - they loose big-time against 95VP/H30 equipped Huskys and Jreds in the same class..........

It is a big mistake by Stihl to not offer a .325NK option - at least on the market here.

Last edited:
That's how all 025/250s should have been set up, and they would have had a better rep for cutting performance.......:givebeer:

The 25RM/RMC that is standard on them here is close to a disaster - they loose big-time against 95VP/H30 equipped Huskys and Jreds in the same class..........

I agree completely. That is exactly why the Husky 350 has the reputation that it does. Now, why Oregon discontinued the bar, or better yet, why Stihl never promoted an NK setup is beyond me...

.... Now, why Oregon discontinued the bar, or better yet, why Stihl never promoted an NK setup is beyond me...

I suspect those issues are closely connected.......:censored:

Have anyone tried to fit a small Husky mount bar on a small Stihl mount saw?

The slot is the same width, but it probably have to be modded, at least at the tail.......

Last edited:
Canadian Stihl branded bars (mostly???) are rebadged Oregon, and some have been sold in the US as well, when the German Sthl bars were in short supply.

Years ago a deal was struck in Canada, where Canadian made guide bars [painted grey and the Stihl name on it] had to be used if Stihl were to sell their saws in Canada. Windsors were 1st used but from their oil hole problem [ not blind hole] Stihl switched over to Oregon around 1990. As far as I know Oregon Canada products are still made in Guelph, Ont. Canada.

Back