Oregon log prices hit rock bottom, mills cut back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the log markets are down, grain markets are down, the hurt is wide spread. While hilary clinton is over in gahna pledgeing 900 million us dollars to help rebuild that country we are over here hurting.
And why cant more people see the hypocrist of nearly ALL government officials, at ALL levels.They are the problem causers, not the problem solvers. Typical leftist idea, throw money at the problem, it will go away.

Don't forget prostitution.

You got that right. I was on a Widmir beer boat cruise in Portland last night (all the free beer I could drink, man am I hung over today). Anyway, there were these hotties on board, and giving out these gold business cards. My brother's GF looked at them and said, "Oh them... they're hookers."

Hmmph. I was in Portland all week and everybody wanted change. I argued with the guy who wanted to save the Polar Bears, told the enthusiastic girl that I already helped the environment, and the others who wanted change, no. There must be a lot of vending machines in downtown Portland. :laugh:

Lots of kids with petitions to save all sorts of critters there. Except for people. Well, maybe the "Got any spare change?" people were out to save people?

I dug out my old band saw mill a couple of months ago. Got her all spiffed up, and have been trying to saw up my stock pile of logs. Lumber ain't moving too good either, but if it ever breaks loose I'll have a :censored: load to sell.;)
It has been putting a few beans on the table, but I'd rather be out in the woods.

Andy

Hmmph. I was in Portland all week and everybody wanted change...

For the "Got any spare change?" kids, I have a solution to that. They will typically be sitting down on the sidewalk and I can see them a mile away.

Before they can ask me, I ask them! I say "Got any spare change?"

They looked shocked and say "I was just going to ask you!"

contacting loggers in the NW

Thanks for the reply folks.

Also wanted to know what is the best way to advertise for logs when I am ready to buy?

Was thinking maybe craigslist, but if there are other options, please let me know.

Roadscholar

I'm looking to buy any high grade Douglas Fir logs here in Vancouver, BC, but am having a hard time finding anyone thats still cutting or hauling wood these days. Need a bunch at 24"+ x 12ft lengths, but even getting a load of shorts is tough.

Any suggestions?

No suggestions for logs in BC. I only saw alder logs on I-5 today, and a lot of logs being loaded onto ships going over the bridge at Longview, WA. I was all over the hills above Scapoose over toward North Plains and Vernonia, and I saw not a one logging truck up there. Never had that happen before. Not one truck up there in the hills. Did see an arborist truck with a chipper doing roadside cutting though. I guess that is something...

If I had trees now, I would let them grow and let the marketplace rot.

An outfit is logging bull pines for pulp across the road from me, hardwoods not moving much at all except old growth stuff. My sentiments go to all of you affected by the crap economy....

Latest posts

Back