Oregon "Maintenance and Safety Manual "FREE" Offer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brit101

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Oregon, manufacturer of chainsaw chain and bars, offers this manual,90 pages, softcover and you will understand all the chain talk the experienced contributors are explaining. Excellent, can't beat it with a stick. When your order it by e-mail Mr.George Ruggles even sends you a thank you.

[email protected]

The manual from the Husqvarna 55 I purchased in Apr '03 doen not have the important info. this has. Neither did the old Homelite SXL.

Gives you a rule when to change sprockets, after how many chains, sharpening tips etc. etc. You won't regret ordering it. It will prolong your saw. In the event this offer has been posted before my apologies. If you find it helpful, post a reply stating so. This will encourage a first time poster to Arborsite.

Welcome to AS, Brit. It sounds like the manual you found would help a lot of new saw users.
Hopefully it doesn't waste 27 pages telling you how to start a chainsaw properly. :rolleyes: Many times the saw owner's manual sounds so condescending because they waste so much space discussing things only a person from Mars wouldn't know. Then they never bother addressing more important maintenance issues other than to say "See your local authorized dealer for details".

Thanks Treeclimber for the reply, one is always concerned that their post will be considered a load of rubbish by the experienced members.

No need to to worry about how no start a saw, zero pages devoted to that.

After reading the thread by Art Martin, I was at a loss as to what a skip chain was, square filing was, and this booklet explains it and more. Did you know filing the depth gauge is directional sensitive, WELL IT IS! According to Oregon.

A whole chapter on sprockets, aargh aargh

------------------------------------------------
She was the daughter of a bartender but I loved her still!

Brian, the reason the owners/safety manual devotes so many pages to the proper procedures is the same reason MacDonalds has to put "WARNING, COFFEE MAY BE HOT" labels on their cups. The very same reason that on a jar of peanuts, the label says"WARNING, MAY CONTAIN NUTS"...It seems stupid...but...well..I remember reading a warning on a chainsaw that said something to the effect of stopping the chain with genitalia???? Someone can correct me on that one...why do these warnings need to be there? Because someone has tried it.

Brian...don't take that as disagreeing with you....there is alot of wasted space there...but they have to cover their @**es....typical bs...they should really cover alot of other more pertinant issues like you say.

The 1963 (?) manual for my Mac 250 pretty much says don't smoke while fueling and don't cut your leg off. A new Mac manual I saw has more devoted to safety than cutting.

Oh, just remembered something funny: A fellow bought a set of Chinese oil lamps that came with a safety slip that had obviously been made with "search and replace" from that of a power tool's. So you ended up with things like "do not use the oil lamp for a task it wasn't designed for. Make sure you use the right size oil lamp for the job and do not force it in the work. Store away from combustible materials."

Latest posts

Back