Organic tree killing solutions??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An axe or crosscut saw seem to be pretty organic once you take out the refining of the steel.

Use a product called "Remedy" in a 20/80 mix (20% Remedy and 80% diesel) and make sure to buy a dyed spray indicator to add to the mixture so you can see where you have sprayed. Typically I see results in 4-5 months. Not very fast but very effective. The larger the tree, the longer it takes. Anything under 3-4" or underbrush is wiped out within 4 months.

hot boiling water can will kill path yard weeds tho unlikely you can apply this to trees

http://weedcontrolfreaks.com/2014/06/salt-vinegar-and-glyphosate/

I’ve been asked quite a few times over the last several years about a “homemade” herbicide recipe that is floating around the web. Many of you have probably seen it posted to Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest, or on your favorite home gardening site. One of my favorite descriptions calls it a “magical, natural, weed killing potion.” The recipe is largely the same regardless of the source. There are a pretty wide variety of claims about its safety, effectiveness, and “naturalness” depending on the website. One site even says it is “an alternative to chemical weed killers.” [Spoiler: it contains chemicals.]

hot boiling water can will kill path yard weeds tho unlikely you can apply this to trees

http://weedcontrolfreaks.com/2014/06/salt-vinegar-and-glyphosate/

I’ve been asked quite a few times over the last several years about a “homemade” herbicide recipe that is floating around the web. Many of you have probably seen it posted to Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest, or on your favorite home gardening site. One of my favorite descriptions calls it a “magical, natural, weed killing potion.” The recipe is largely the same regardless of the source. There are a pretty wide variety of claims about its safety, effectiveness, and “naturalness” depending on the website. One site even says it is “an alternative to chemical weed killers.” [Spoiler: it contains chemicals.]
Yeah...just because you use it in your kitchen, doesn't make it "not a chemical". Pretty funny how clueless people can be about what is "poison" and what is "safe". You know, glyphosate was formulated to be a soap. Wonder if they kept it as a soap and not labeled it as an herbicide, if the same people would be talking about how it is a wonderful "natural" week killer :laugh:

Latest posts

Back