osage wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millerstree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am looking for a source to sell logs from osage orange trees. i could use any help that i could get. thanks don

osage logs

i am looking for a market for osage logs. some place to sell them. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

i am looking for a market for osage logs. some place to sell them. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

Gottcha now.

Firewood it's $150-$200 a cord in KS. For milling, not sure, they used to use the heck out of them for cornerposts on fenclines, but not really sure if there is a lumber market for it. Most times it is so split it's hard to get good lumber out ot the larger peices, and the smaller ones are not usually that straight. Sorry, not much help I know.

They are also used for making bow staves; the transition wood (where the sapwood meets the heartwood) is supposed to be incredibly strong when you have a little of each-some flexible, some super strong. I don't know the combination, or which is supposed to be on the outside of the curve, but I'd do a google search on it. I know people will pay more than firewood prices for nice straight, tight grain. Maybe not a lot more, but definitely more. good luck.

Back