OSC Processor - anyone use/know?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not a user.
The thing looks pretty useful but I have to wonder what type of hyd pump it has.
If its a regular wood splitter pump most of its action w-i-l-l b-e v-e-r-y s-l-o-w

Im not a user.
The thing looks pretty useful but I have to wonder what type of hyd pump it has.
If its a regular wood splitter pump most of its action w-i-l-l b-e v-e-r-y s-l-o-w

Why do you think it will be slow? If it has say a 28gpm 2 stage its 28 gpm till the pressure kicks it into low gear. A friend of mine has a homebuilt one and he uses a 28gpm and the thing is crazy fast. So fast he had to reduce alot of the pressure for the log feed etc...

Any processor that can only load 1 log at a time can't be efficeintly operated by 1 person. Go for a bigger machine with a live deck or you will waste much of your time loading.. That machine looks nice but I doubt it is capable of serious production.

Biggest weak spot I see is the long drop from cut height to the splitter beam. I can see a lot of blocks landing in there on end and needing manual adjusting.

For the price, it looks fairly decent. Now where the heck does a guy find all them straight trees? Mine seem to all have bends, crotches, and other stuff that's not conducive to processing!

Biggest weak spot I see is the long drop from cut height to the splitter beam. I can see a lot of blocks landing in there on end and needing manual adjusting.

For the price, it looks fairly decent. Now where the heck does a guy find all them straight trees? Mine seem to all have bends, crotches, and other stuff that's not conducive to processing!

Steve, they are everywhere. Just step outside and follow the wire...:greenchainsaw:

That looks like the one I built. I put a log deck on mine and I can zip thru the wood at a pace faster than I care to work. I agree loading one log at a time would be very slow. I plan on making my deck into a live one someday and adding its own Hyd system. I use my skid steer remotes to run it now and I could see where having it own Hyd would be a benfit. When I run the splitter it slows down quite a bit but I built it to decrease wood handling and not for speed. I can run some crooked logs thru it but sometimes I say a lot of nasty words. Another thing I have a problem with is if I don't cut the limbs off the logs tight to the tree. I used it last year so I am still in a learning curve on what I need to do to make it run smoother.

Why do you think it will be slow? If it has say a 28gpm 2 stage its 28 gpm till the pressure kicks it into low gear. A friend of mine has a homebuilt one and he uses a 28gpm and the thing is crazy fast. So fast he had to reduce alot of the pressure for the log feed etc...

Well in my head the log lift, will lets say lift a log that weighs 1000 lbs,most of these 2 stage pumps max out at 900lbs psi on the fast stage.Now I know 900 psi will lift 1000lbs but with the leverage of the long lift arms for the log lift it seems to me the the pump will be running on the second stage alot. Not sure of the motor running the saw, but I think the add said 1" per second on cutting a log so theres 16 seconds for an 18 in log ( Im giving this thing a little edge here ).Maybe Im wrong. One thing for sure this thing will cut down on handling the wood so that would be a bonus.

I agree 100% on everything you said. Including the part about the straight logs looks like telephone poles to me.

Latest posts

Back