Otisville, NY show.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, i hear it is not a "big to do", but want to go check out a sawing show (and it is only about 20 mins from me anyway).
i think it is on the 27th...but where in Otisville? is it at the Otisville fair?
anyone know or have info?
thanks

otisville is just outside of middletown ny. the show is at the fair. there are 5 stock chainsaw classes and a crosscut class. cuts are made in 8x8 squared cants and depending on how many people show up to race, you may cut for a minute, 30 seconds or make three cuts. if anyone knows they are going let me know so i can have the officials order more wood. let me know soon as the wood is fresh. cut down and milled last week and this week.
the show starts at 12:00 on the 27 of this month. anyone interested in the classes send me an e-mail and i will them to you. marty

thanks for the info....i knew it was in otisville and thought it was at the fair but wasn't sure. i will be there, but as a spectator.

where is middletown ny i live near saratoga springs and am interested in going

it is close to the tri-state borders of NY, NJ, and Pa....exits 3 and 4 off interstate 84. my guess is about 2 1/2 hours from you, maybe less.
(......about 15 miles before the NJ and Pa borders)

vman,
good to see you today. i ended up with five first. i will post some pics in a bit. much better luck then i had in bethlehem ct. on thursday nite. marty

nice to meet you too! sorry i had to leave a lil bit early but had a few things to take care of, i really wanted to see the bigger class saws run. next time there is a stock saw race near by, i am definitley gonna give it a try! i will post a few pics later too.
i had to leave at 2:45...what time did it finish?

i enjoyed the sawing and really forgot to take alot of pics, but CHAIN SAW WORLD showed them how to do it!!

P1010097.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Last edited:
the show ended about 4:00.
were you there long enough to see any ladies run? bridgette took third in the first pic here. seemed to make her day. she is a great sport.
the second pic is the same saw you took a pic of only from the other side.
the third pic is of my final tally.

yes, i saw Bridgette, there is a pic of her cutting above, though she is mostly blocked out of the pic by the ref/time-keeper.
did u take 1st in all the classes?

You need to bring your own saws and they need to be stock (of coarse some bring some stock appearing mods. still can not understand the need to cheat). the classes are: 0-2.59, 2.6-3.09, 3.1-3.6, 3.7-4.59, 4.6 and over. saws should fit in the class.

Marty

Back