Ouch.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was splitting a few rounds yesterday. Somehow managed to miss the log with the hookeroon. got my foot instead. Ouch.

Made the rest of the day a joy. Ouch. Felt like a pretty fair sprain.
I even found a really tiny hole. Wow. Today is much better, and tomorrow I will be back up to about 1/2 speed. Lesson learned.

Hooks are dangerous! (I was being careless, I know)

Oh well.

-Pat

Lucky for sure.

When splitting now, I alway wear safety glasses, steel toe boots, and catcher's shin guards. Learned the hard way years ago about burying the hatchet...into the shin. The shin guards are great to assist in moving the 250-300 pound pieces.

Ah yes shin gards. Tommorrow I will purchase some. Today I smashed my shin and now have a bump on the shin about the size of a baseball. Already black, blue and green. :monkey:

Lucky for sure.

When splitting now, I alway wear safety glasses, steel toe boots, and catcher's shin guards. Learned the hard way years ago about burying the hatchet...into the shin. The shin guards are great to assist in moving the 250-300 pound pieces.

Fortunately I have never cut myself or even hit myself with sledge or maul. I do have scars from ankle to knee on both legs from getting hit with wood chunks, dropping one, stumbling over them, etc. Had considered shin guards but never go around to buying some. Trying to use my saw chaps instead. That works pretty well _when I remember to put em on_. Wouldn't do much for getting hit with an ax or similar though.

Harry K

I purchased a set of shin guards at Dicks Sporting Goods for less than $10 and they have already stopped enough bangs on the ol' shins to make it worth while. I'll wear them all the time now that I have a set. :clap: They are so lite I can't tell they are even on.

Last edited:
Back