Outdoor Wood Furnace Idea

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhinPhan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was thinking about creating a website dedicated mainly to the Outdoor Wood Furnace (but would include anything related to burning wood) which would include a message board and a place where people could submit articles, how to's, and reviews of their furnances and maybe a spot for dealers to have contact info. I just wanted to ask you all think this would be useful or a waste of time?

Please let me know what you think.

The reason I was thinking about doing this is that I am in the market for my own outdoor wood furnace and there are really no good sites for info, reviews and stuff. So I thought about doing this but I don't want to spend the time if it would be of no use. Or maybe there is a site and I have not found it yet.

I agree

dont blame you on the site idea. The info that i saw on stoves and boilers online was inferior to say the least. A forum would be much better. My new stove dropped the elec bill from 144 to 89 dollars. A good friend told me about efficiency ratings and that was a big help!:clap:

I know there is info out there. But it is hard to find good in depth info. I was thinking not only providing info but also making it so people could share ideas, tips and other helpful info.

I appreciate any thoughts and ideas.

Got it right here !!!

I know there is info out there. But it is hard to find good in depth info. I was thinking not only providing info but also making it so people could share ideas, tips and other helpful info.

I appreciate any thoughts and ideas.

I find all the information I need is right here at the AS forums... In fact the Google results for most of my searches on the Web, refer back here.... I love this place !!!! Good luck with whatever you do.

i think its a good idea

Mother Earth News has a good forum with a lot of chatter about OWBs. About the same size and scope as AS. There are also a lot of wood burning forums out there that have OWB discussions as well, including Hearth and Woodburner. Do a Google search, as suggested above, on "wood burning forum". You find all kinds of places like Gaardenweb, Treehugger and Off-Grid, etc. More than you can shake your chainsaw bar at...

would like to see pics of owb especially experimental designs. I rigged up an outdoor forced air unit this year, worked ok but definately needs tweeking

I think the last thing we need is another site about OWB's .
I would not go there as I find there are enough answers here and I also find that info is often way off for many reasons and right on for alot also.
what I mean is that my boiler will run differently than someones in a different climate.
I see 40 below windy days and you may never see less than freezing at night so you and I talking about burn times will be way off.
as far as install there are many ways to do it and again all of them are here.
I understand your exitement being new to the world of boilers I suggest you read all of this site first and if you have more questions just ask.

I appreciate all the comments and feedback both positive and negative this is why I ask the question.

I have thoroughly read this forum and have learned a ton of info from you all. This is an outstanding forum and I am not trying to take anything away from this forum. Just thought one dedicated to the OWB would be more resourceful to those that have them and those that are in the market.

If anyone has ideas for this site please post them as well.

I find all the information I need is right here at the AS forums... In fact the Google results for most of my searches on the Web, refer back here.... I love this place !!!! Good luck with whatever you do.

U got that right. GOOGLE will send ya here!:blob2:

I went ahead a created a website and message board. If it fails oh well I thought I would at least try and create a community geared mainly for outdoor wood burners so people could have a spot for good info.

I have a spot for suggestions and would really like some feedback on the site.

The site: http://**************************/forum/

If it is inappropriate to post this on here I apologize.

From the Guidlines you had to agree to when you registered for this Forum:

2 Direct links to and/or mentioning other Green Industry forum sites are not permitted at ArboristSite.com. Links that contain information that is related to the thread content are permitted on the condition that:
A) The link must be to a particular post or thread in the other forum, not the forum homepage itself.
B) It must be relevant to the discussion where it's being linked from.
C) ArboristSite.com reserves the right to censor any website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back