OWB CFM of air used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefturnfreek

Sharpen the chain, chuck chips ...repeat...
Reaction score
So I got a Cal Shumaker OWB, it's a med effiencey, top piped stove with a soleniod operated flap style damper. I was thinking of up grading to a blower setup but need to know the general range of air the is being pulled through the damper opening in CFM. You guys are there experts around these things have gata have a way of figuring this out.

I have tried forcing the draft, but I have just settled for a 2 inch hole with a rubber flapper.. think about this.. Your fire is very low on wood.. natural draft will not cool off the firebox near as fast as a forced blower.... Keep it simple..

OK, I though the blower setups ran more efficiently during the burn and restarted better. I do understand that if it's low on wood it'll just cool the fire box but that rarely happens.

So in the grand scheme of things at least it one less projects to do then, thanks.

I love the forced draft on my owb.

When the fire burns down, the coal bed is usually protected from burning completly out by the ashes.

I put the BBQ smoker t-stats on my water lines, and with a glance can tell what the firebox will look like, and how far along the fire is.

Even when the fire looks like it is out and my water temp is down below 110 degrees i just rake the ashes around, pull the coals to the front of the stove, throw wood on top and walk away as the blower gets things up to temp.

This is the blower I would look at:

Surplus Center - 60 CFM 115 VAC FASCO CENTRIFUGAL BLOWER

Latest posts

Back