OWB overheated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty neat. I can see how a water jacketed door could benefit this stove. I have had this thought a few times. Every thing is easy to see in the pics, except the door flange around opening. Then again I'm on a phone, so bigger screen may help that.

I see you mentioned fire being close to door. I always keep my fire back 8" or so in from front of firebox. All that heat is pretty hard on a door. I've seen some that have some serious warpage. When you mentioned the water boiling in the door, that reassured me I'm doing the right thing keeping it back.

Speed, yes keeping the fire away from the door does seem to help. Definitely with the lack of water in the door as well.

The door flange is the same as it was before i water jacketed it, but the walls are now fully welded and holding water rather than fiberglass insulation.

Feel free to ask about details if you get into modifying, etc.

Take care,
Phill

Hmm...guess I never followed up on here.

I did flip that inside baffle plate / clean out plate over and have had no problems since. Stove has been functioning great and keeping water between 165 F and 180 F like it's supposed to.

Good deal, kinda figured you had it under control since we haven't heard from you

Back