Owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just signed up today on this web site because there is more info on OWB than I seen any where else. I got a couple of questions about a OWB that I hope you guys can answer for me. I live in Ohio and have plenty of free wood I can get thanks to a friend who is a treetrimmer. It will be a mixture of everything so keep that in mind when you answer. Thanks for your help.

1. I am looking at getting a CB or a Heatmor and was wondering which one is best in your opinion? Pros and Cons.

2. How much wood should I expect to use heating 4500 sq. feet of buildings. ( House and a Workshop) so I don't hog all the wood and it starts to rot on me, being some of it will be soft wood?

3. As for price they are both about 10000 for everything. Is this about the going price?

4. Is it better to split everthing seeing how it will dry better or leave it chunk?

Thanks again to everyone for their help

I too am a “newbie” to both OWB and this forum. I have lurked here for many months and the advice (and the many lol posts) keep me coming back for more. I married a south Florida girl and moved her to the mountains of NC so a warm house is a requirement. My burner has worked great so far and the tips I have harvested from the forums have made the cutting and stacking a bit easier too. The counsel of the other posters to get larger than you think you are going to need is spot on. When I first started looking at the purchase of an OWB that is one of the recommendations I got from here and I took it to heart. I’m glad I did because of 24 hour burn times if for nothing else. Good Luck!

Gap Goat

Back