P&C Swap Cost.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidBrown1212

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How much would you charge to do a P&C swap on a Dolmar 6400-7900. I just don't have time, lots of shops in the area. Just don't know what's fair.

Complete tear down and reassemble? If so, getting charged for an hour would be more than fair.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

This cylinder is pretty crappy. There are some voids here in the upper portion of the combustion chamber. What looks like a crack in the bypass ports

Attachments

• IMG_20131221_063612_221.jpg
    IMG_20131221_063612_221.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
First photo looks like a line from the center of the casting. Could be the same on the transfer but I would question it. I thought there was a dye based crack finder in auto parts stores - like a red stain and then white over spray. If it is a crack, the stain will be drawn into it and show up on the lighter overcoat.

I know the pics are llimited in detail, but there are definitely small voids along the casting seam. The transfer port definitely a hick up. I would nit call it a crack per se, maybe cold lap, just not solid contious aluminium. I have that dye, I'm a welder on drill rigs. No need to magnaflux this, though, its plain as day. The voids in the combustion chamber at about 20 thousands deep and twice a long

If a friend or local AS member stayed and "helped", I'd charge a 6 pack of Busch Light. If they just dropped it off, I'd charge prob $40.

I'd exchange that one for another kit or upgrade to the 7900 kit.

Well, I got all excited and polished this unit. Guess I will use it, just a firewood saw. I guess I can do it myself, my guy gave me a quote of 75$. Can't be that hard. What's the break in procedure for a new top end? Run it hard or stay in easy wood until the ring seats? I'll get her tuned a fat on some 40/1 trufuel.

Well, I got all excited and polished this unit. Guess I will use it, just a firewood saw. I guess I can do it myself, my guy gave me a quote of 75$. Can't be that hard. What's the break in procedure for a new top end? Run it hard or stay in easy wood until the ring seats? I'll get her tuned a fat on some 40/1 trufuel.

Run it like its a rental...oh wait...it might be a rental....ooops sorry only the makita version is a rental.

Back