Padded Gloves Recomendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Having had carpel tunnel surgery and getting back to the saw and other vibrating hand tools, doctor says well padded gloves are needed.
I would appreciate any recommendations on gloves that dampen vibrations and impact.

Or instead of padded gloves ,
you can try the padded handles option ...

Tip : Tennis racket handle vibration dampening wrap tape .
Use two rolls ( layers ) for extra cushion .

[

My experience is that they work; I've worn out a pair of Echo ones and am wearing out a pair of Stihl ones, the designs with the gel pads on palm and fingers. A guess is that they provide 50% more vibration transmission reduction added to that of the anti-vibe mounting systems on chainsaws.

Also having CTS, what could it hurt to use them? 30 bucks for any more protection is good, even a little. I like them.

I too use the Atlas gloves. I think they cut down on vibration, but I doubt they would meet any kind of ANSI spec and that's not why I use them. I use them because they are extremely durable, breath well enough to use in the summer, hold enough heat in to use when its well below freezing, and the extra grip is really handy for handling the firewood when I'm done with the saw. The extra grip might also be helpful if you're dealing with CTS.

My experience is that they work; I've worn out a pair of Echo ones and am wearing out a pair of Stihl ones, the designs with the gel pads on palm and fingers. A guess is that they provide 50% more vibration transmission reduction added to that of the anti-vibe mounting systems on chainsaws.

Also having CTS, what could it hurt to use them? 30 bucks for any more protection is good, even a little. I like them.
"They" what?
Saw gloves?
I had been using gel bicycle gloves but they don't last long, especially swinging the splitting axe.

Sounds like they might be hot.
Not at all. I use them when I'm handling firewood in near triple digit heat. I don't like doing firewood work in the heat, but sometimes the ground either has to be frozen or dry. If I don't get it done in January, then I get to finish it in August.

I wouldn't wear padded gloves when swinging a maul or axe. I don't think they are doing you much good in that application. That's just my opinion though.

Not at all. I use them when I'm handling firewood in near triple digit heat. I don't like doing firewood work in the heat, but sometimes the ground either has to be frozen or dry. If I don't get it done in January, then I get to finish it in August.

I wouldn't wear padded gloves when swinging a maul or axe. I don't think they are doing you much good in that application. That's just my opinion though.
I don't split often but gel padded bike gloves under winter lined deerskin gloves seemed to have been a decent combo, but the bike gloves do fall apart. I think wetting with perspiration causes it. The bike gloves also help on the motor bike (Brit twins shake) which seems just as bad as the chainsaw.

The quest now is mainly for the motorbike and the saw now that summer is close.

I got a pair of Youngstown Anti-Vibe XT gloves a few months ago. My BCS “tractor” would shake your arms off after 15 min. Gloves worked great for that.
Good if they work for you but they don't meet the anti-vibration standard. I think they are shock-absorbing more than vibration-dampening. They are especially good for swinging a maul.

Latest posts

Back