PAGING...Northern Va, and surrounding areas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit it's funny to see other people get stuck and frustrated. I got stuck for a minute the other day. I try to look at the big picture. In a few months or years you won't really give a damn that you had to shovel for 2 hours back in the storms of 2010. I shoveled a geek out yesterday. The plow had only made one pass w/ over '30 on each side. I saw a minivan coming at me so I basically slammed my tacoma into the drift/shoulder so he could continue momentum. But of course not. Not geek boy with his mini van. Geek boy slows down and stops. Luckily for geek boy I had a shovel. It only took me 2 minutes of shoveling and a push, and next thing you know geek boy and his androgenous children are off to go catch a sitcom with an extra loud laugh track to keep them occupied.

It's tough to have all these back to back snows. Don't know why, but this last storm really knocked the plow boys on their butts. Worst snow removal I've seen, and I've been around here all my life. They never got to my street, it's been 4 days since the last snow, now we're getting a bunch more on top it all. I'm OK, I've got my beer, bread, milk, eggs and oh yes, the most important one of all, the toilet paper!! Without it you can't make paper machete casserole.

It's tough to have all these back to back snows. Don't know why, but this last storm really knocked the plow boys on their butts. Worst snow removal I've seen, and I've been around here all my life. They never got to my street, it's been 4 days since the last snow, now we're getting a bunch more on top it all. I'm OK, I've got my beer, bread, milk, eggs and oh yes, the most important one of all, the toilet paper!! Without it you can't make paper machete casserole.

They can only work just so many hours a week and the equipment has to be maintained. At the rate we have been getting dumped on the minor problems start to really stack up. You have breakage and service issues for every X miles/hours on the gear and they have been logging hours 24/7 now. It is going to get worse before it gets better with this next round of storms.

Amen to the TP - we stockpile a fair bit since we live so far out in the country, always buy my TP at Costco by the truckload :)

Finally got The Missus to send some pics of the recent 36 incher....

first...me standing on top of 'Ol Blue shoveling the snow off...

Latest posts

Back