Palm Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
I have a dwarf robelinni palm, (I have it, although I can't spell it)
I've had it for about 3 years now, it resides in a pot 40" dia at top and 36" deep. It stands (w/o the pot) about 4 feet tall.

I have noticed a powery white fungus at the bottom of each frond, and it goes down into the center. Every product I see says do not use on palms, so, what do I treat it with?
It resides outside in summer, and back in before the first frost.

If pics are needed, no problem, but I figured you guys who see palms all the time would know what it is.
Thanks, -Ralph

Phoenix roebelenii are often attacked by scale insects. Treat with horticultural oil, soap, or lady beetles. Also watch for magnesium and potassium deficiencies if the soil pH is above 7.

Thanks Brett, I live in an area where the powers that be import ladybeetles by the millions, and release into the wild, I saw prob a dozen on the palm this am.
Water ph here is 7.4, so I will increase my fert. schedule. I use the blue mix plant food, and keep the palm mulched heavily with hardwood mulch.
-Ralph

Ok, I went out and looked close, its not a dusty white fungus as it appeared, but it is round white bugs. Soap comming out.
good call, and thanks very much guys.
-Ralph

Latest posts

Back