• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold PARTING OUT: 12mm 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
044 With a bad crank and case. OEM non-decompression 044 cylinder. Zama C3M Carburetor. All OEM parts. Original screw cap 044 Tank. Just about everything is available. Photos on request. Shoot me an offer if there's something you need.

When you set out to make some $, and end up spending some instead...

:dumb2:

No longer available guys n gals. Instead of selling the blown saw, I'm buying a case. The 044 shall live again! Thanks Jon.

glad to hear it! hoped you would... also hope you might do a 'how-to' and installing the crank, bearings, cases, set crank up... and top end it, final as to carb and mag... and first start up and tuning it... I am working on a modded 044 project myself... ported 10mm, then down road 10mm to 12mm, I have the 12mm stuff... I am working on mods to my AM piston currently, and need to further lighten it as AM is heavier than OEM piston...

044crank.png
044.png

Id gladly do a how to on splitting cases, removing/installing bearings, pressing crank back in etc EXCEPT... i have these... (Factory Stihl case splitting/crank removal/crank install tools)

As a result, i dont think my how-to would be very beneficial to most.20160727_141942.jpg

But if youd like to see how those wonderful tools are used, i'll gladly make a few videos :)

you got my vote. I think it would be a great idea as in :numberone:.

if u can do it, do it as you like, but I would like to see:

a) clean up and prep of all parts currently on hand, w/comments. probs with old case and crank. new crank and case, etc.
b) everything that gets the cases and crank back together
c) mag side ignition and PTO side clutch... lots small items go on crank and case that side.
d) fit piston, rings and set cyl onto cases. engine builder techniques. etc
e) final assembly and carb. carb overhaul if done.
f) first fire up, break in strategy, break in use
g) 3rd tankful WOT ops and tuning and such to ensure all is happy.

if you could do that... well would make me :D

lots of bits and pcs of similar on utube. good stuff. donnyboys I like... but not a full-on down and up for a 044.

Well its already completely disassembled. Cleanup of old parts is already completed, and is done w a heated ultrasonic jewelry cleaner full of simple green or in the case of the fuel tank, a 2500psi pressure washer. So unfortunately i cant video thst since its all boxed, cleanef and labeled already. I can start at removing case bolts, splitting, bearings and all the way back up to a running machine :)

And the old crank has a MISSING big end bearing as in completely gone. Probably a half inch of up/down play on the rod and crankshaft connection. Its crazy. Oh, and a sizable hole in the bottom of the case :)

Well its already completely disassembled. Cleanup of old parts is already completed, and is done w a heated ultrasonic jewelry cleaner full of simple green or in the case of the fuel tank, a 2500psi pressure washer. So unfortunately i cant video thst since its all boxed, cleanef and labeled already. I can start at removing case bolts, splitting, bearings and all the way back up to a running machine :)

>and all the way back up to a running machine.

:yes: :numberone:

And the old crank has a MISSING big end bearing as in completely gone. Probably a half inch of up/down play on the rod and crankshaft connection. Its crazy. Oh, and a sizable hole in the bottom of the case :)

OH ! :surprised3: and it ran that way?....

I am sure an 044 rebuild thread over in Chainsaws will be quite popular and helpful... aside from all the extra 'contributors'... and hijackers, and off topic generals, but if u do a few vids... then the vids will stand on their own.

of course, if u do it late as like now... the thread could be very quiet til morning... and if u had all ur text and pix, etc...could slip em in unnoticed... ;)

Latest posts

Back