Partner 500 handle mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_saw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
From what little I know of the system borrowed and transferred to some Jonsereds, the outer cover tube is simply that- a cover tube to keep crap out of the spring and can be substituted with a bit of plastic conduit, water pipe or similar.
The length of the arrestor strap keeps the spring under tension and retains it on the rubber stub protrusion of the handle.

Those parts might be available through sawagain.com

or you can just farmer it with a suitable spring and tube. Even the cone shouldn't be too hard to come up with something. You could probably replace the whole shebang (keeping the strap - making a new one) with a rubber stopper type thing.. maybe a little cup on the case bolt to hold the stopper in place or something. It's a bit of a weak point on those saws. Otherwise they are just an awesome little saw, imo (although mine are jonny 590's, so I don't really know what the 500 is like.

I ordered a replacement spring (505279536) from ebay and I have the black cone that goes into the end of the handle (5052792-11). I think I can just reproduce the tube. Does anyone have the rough dimensions of the tube (5052795-37) ?

thanks

I ordered a replacement spring (505279536) from ebay and I have the black cone that goes into the end of the handle (5052792-11). I think I can just reproduce the tube. Does anyone have the rough dimensions of the tube (5052795-37) ?

thanks
Don't hold me to it but I think in the past I have used a piece of automotive heater hose as a replacement.

Back