Partner 5000plus pistons?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g'morning,
Any news about pistons for Partner 5000 PLus ? Did the Stihl 026 Piston work ? Whats about a Jonsered 2049 Piston, it's windowed and 44mm in Bore, did anybody check out if this works ? Somewhere i've read the 2049 had 49.4 cc though, if so, the piston could be a bit to big...
And can anybody tell me why there are no aftermarket cylinders or at least pistons for one of the fu**ing greatest 50cc saws ever made ? :msp_ohmy:
regards
Max

g'morning,
Any news about pistons for Partner 5000 PLus ? Did the Stihl 026 Piston work ? Whats about a Jonsered 2049 Piston, it's windowed and 44mm in Bore, did anybody check out if this works ? Somewhere i've read the 2049 had 49.4 cc though, if so, the piston could be a bit to big...
And can anybody tell me why there are no aftermarket cylinders or at least pistons for one of the fu**ing greatest 50cc saws ever made ? :msp_ohmy:
regards
Max

2049?

I never heard of that one, but the 2050 is 48.7cc.

The 2149 and 2150 is 49.4cc, as they have halv a mm longer stroke - the bore is the same (44mm), but that doesn't automatically mean that they can be used......

The 5000 P/C will fit on any of the 50/51/55 saws, the problem comes when switching top ends between the mentioned Husqvarna saws. Service Bulletins state there was a change made in the crankcase opening in late 1989, the older model saws had a smaller opening and you could not install the 51/55 top ends without modifications. From personal experience I can say that the change was actually made in either 1986 or 1987, I installed a 51 top end on a 1985 that required modification and on a 1987 that did not. Any way it goes you can make the top end fit with a Dremel and a few minutes work, you can use a 51/55 head gasket as a template to see how far you will need to grind the opening out.

My memory tells me the TI about the change say 1989 week 19.....

I can look it up when I get home, but not here.

You probably have seen or read the same SB That I have seen, so when it comes to the 5000 top end on a 50,51 or 55 you don't need to make any changes to the case is that what your saying? The changes are only necessary if using 51 or 55 top ends on the smaller cases?
The 50 Special belong with the 51 and 55 in that regard, but you basically are right.

Isn't the bolt hole spacing different on the bigger cases?

It is according to Husky, but I understand it is somehow is possible to solve - I am no expert on those saws though......

2049?

I never heard of that one, but the 2050 is 48.7cc.

The 2149 and 2150 is 49.4cc, as they have halv a mm longer stroke - the bore is the same (44mm), but that doesn't automatically mean that they can be used......

Oh sorry, it was a little late yesterday...no, early this morning :laugh:
Yeah, i ment 2149. Found this piston on ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neuer-Kolben...t=Motorsägenteile_Zubehör&hash=item1c1eae0d6f and wondered if it may fit to a partner 5000. I don't mean this particular aftermarket one, just saw it ;-)
So, since 5000 Plus Pistons are even harder to get than cylinders (i have a Cylinder as spare, but no piston !), is there a piston you can use without or with little reworking ? Husky 246 seems to work with widening the pin hole, whats about Stihl 026 ? That sounds interesting, since thats a highly popular saw, you can find aftermarket pistons in all qualities and prices and of course the original ones.
Max

Latest posts

Back