Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a philosophical question for you fellas...

I have an old wore-out 22" hardnose bar for the R32. It's a .058 bar, but the chain that came with it is .050 and rusty.

The bar's still got a few cuts left in it, and I really don't want to sink $$$ into a new bar right now. Seems like an awful waste to throw a new chain on this junky old bar.

Do I drop $$ on a new chain, or scrounge around to see if I can find someone with an old loop of .058?

If the bar is worn much at all a used loop of .063 should work fine.

I picked up a really nice S55 that needs a piston. I see Golf make replacements but I would prefer an Episan or Meteor. Does anyone know if they are available? Or something else?

Al.

Chris comes thru again !!

Daddy66(?) Chris,has helped me out again :)
With a partner 5000 needing a muffler i made a post and he was right there and i had a great muffler within days !!
Took it apart and burned it out,put it to the wire wheel,,modified it,,painted it and baked it on the woodstove and here it is :)

attachment.php

Saw runs AWSOME !!
wish he would sharpen his crayon so i could read the return ad ..

Daddy66(?) Chris,has helped me out again :)
With a partner 5000 needing a muffler i made a post and he was right there and i had a great muffler within days !!
Took it apart and burned it out,put it to the wire wheel,,modified it,,painted it and baked it on the woodstove and here it is :)

Saw runs AWSOME !!
wish he would sharpen his crayon so i could read the return ad ..

You don't get my address cause I'm scared you're fixin to send me a mini mac.:dizzy:

Muffler looks good Ron. You will like that saw.:msp_smile:

Clutch side seal for R11?

Nice looking bunch of saws guys!

Here's some pics of my old R11 before I to started on it. It's on my bench now. Piston has some light scoring but I think it and the jug will clean up. It won't hold vacuum but I haven't torn it down enough to find the leak.

This thing is well built. Not looking forward to taking the cylinder off though. It's going to be hard to get access to the jug bolts.

It'll all be worth it when I hear it run!
attachment.php

Anyone know where to get a clutch side seal for an R11? I found my air leak after finally getting around to pulling off the clutch. The original seal part number is 275700.

OK, I got a coil for my P-55 (thanks Rob!) and it fits perfectly, but the dang plug wire is too short. The old coil came out the top and the new comes out the front.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, what do I do? I never messed with a plug wire before. Can I just make a new one? Can I use the old ends? Can I buy a piece of wire somewhere? I'm lost.:msp_sad:

Also, WTF is this thing? It seems like it must go in this hole in the fuel tank. Is it a vent? Checkvalve? Which end goes in the hole, the one with the grommet I imagine. And where does it go, is a hose attached to it or what? It was just rolling around in there loose when I got the saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks guys...that was a lot of questions.

Cool saw Darcy!:clap::clap:

Chris, grab that plug wire boot where it goes into the coil and it will unscrew right out of there.

You can just find a longer wire to put back on it from another Husky type saw. You can plug the plug boot off and remove the terminal spring on the other end as well.

The grommet end of the check valve goes into the tank but I dont remember off hand where the hose goes to on it. I'll look when I get time.

Chris, grab that plug wire boot where it goes into the coil and it will unscrew right out of there.

You can just find a longer wire to put back on it from another Husky type saw. You can plug the plug boot off and remove the terminal spring on the other end as well.

The grommet end of the check valve goes into the tank but I dont remember off hand where the hose goes to on it. I'll look when I get time.

I already unscrewed it and put it on my new coil. Do all huskys have the screw on plug wire? I don't have any huskys anyway I guess.

I'll see what I can find kicking around.

Thanks Mark.

I already unscrewed it and put it on my new coil. Do all huskys have the screw on plug wire? I don't have any huskys anyway I guess.

I'll see what I can find kicking around.

Thanks Mark.

I take it the coil didnt come with the wire? I know the Husky 55 has alot longer wire on it. I would have had to shorten it to put it on the PP475.

I probably have a wire here if you wanted to wait that long to send it.

I take it the coil didnt come with the wire? I know the Husky 55 has alot longer wire on it. I would have had to shorten it to put it on the PP475.

I probably have a wire here if you wanted to wait that long to send it.

I got one off a 5000plus coil I had. It's almost too long. I haven't had time to mess with it yet.

The P-85 RUNS! :rock::rock::rock:

[video=youtube;8TxJjpUvbMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TxJjpUvbMg[/video]

Further up in the thread you'll see what I was dealing with... Roasted piston with a side of french fries. Surprisingly there was only one little spot of aluminum stuck to the cylinder, and I was able to knock it right off with a Dremel polishing wheel! LUCKY!

The piston and rings came in yesterday all the way from Athens, Greece. Ring gap checked out ok, so I slobbered assembly lube all over everything and slid it back together.

With the new piston and rings, compression was 150PSI and climbing when I couldn't hold the saw down anymore... Certainly better than the 75PSI it had with the roasted piston.

Nice job Dennis.:msp_thumbup:

I'll be the first to admit that I have not been deep inside any of my Partners, as none of them needed anything like that yet.

I did recieve a 500 this week that has been through the wringer though so I may tear into it pretty deep sometime.

I was told it had no compression but I only see one small score on the piston through the exhaust port. Might be just a stuck ring.

I may try a newer 53cc top on it though and it will need some other things as well.

Latest posts

Back