Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the partner 55cc’s, 85cc, larger, I can’t find the spring clip that holds the pull start together. Does anyone have the part number for the spring clip that holds the pull start together?

I’m buying a few since I have many toaster partners. Thanks for all your help.
I’m trying to save the partners one saw at a time.

I can’t understand why no one is collecting these unique chainsaws. Let’s face it once there gone they ain’t coming back. Here’s your chance to get’em while there affordable. I think these bumble bee toaster saws are neat.lol

I love my Swedish Husqvarnas but older partners need a little ❤️ love too.

I’m buying a few since I have many toaster partners. Thanks for all your help.
I’m trying to save the partners one saw at a time.

I can’t understand why no one is collecting these unique chainsaws. Let’s face it once there gone they ain’t coming back. Here’s your chance to get’em while there affordable. I think these bumble bee toaster saws are neat.lol

I love my Swedish Husqvarnas but older partners need a little ❤️ love too.

I'd have to agree with you. I guess the name brand doesn't have the overall exposure like the other "old collector" brands. Other than my old man, no one I know, knew what a Partner was. Fine for me.... Give me a chance to get my hands on more. Lol

I was talking to a fella about a "Never seen wood" Partner 7000. Only been run 15 mins in it's life. Looks like it came off the showroom floor. Not so affordable... But oh so tempting!

Yeah same here. Now that I know more about these I really like them. They do seem to be a little rare though, probably why more people don't know anything about them.

There seems to be more partners in the 50cc class than the rest.

These saws are a tad heavy being over built, much like the mcculloch 610’s were, there was no computer aided design back then to see the stresses, strengths and weaknesses in the designs. They just over designed it. This is why these saws are still running today.

Sometimes I wonder with the stress analysis program on the computers they design stuff on the hairy edge of failure today. I feel they run the fine line and don’t add some more strength into there designs. In the future we won’t see the stuff of today become collectible like the saws of yesteryear. We have become a throwaway society. Buy use and when it breaks replace.

I pulled the muffler off of my "mystery saw" to take a look at the piston and see what kind of shape its in.

Expected the worse... but it looks good. She also has spark. So this weekend Ill dump some gas into her and see what happens.
IMG_20190723_182313-resized.jpg

Still not too sure what it actually is. Its much bigger than the R16, which is all I can really compare it to. I dont have a way to weigh it currently. It could be an R420, I have found a few parts that match up to that. I haven't been able to find a cylinder head that looks the same anywhere. it has a Tillotson HS-117B carb, IMG_20190723_181915-resized.jpg IMG_20190723_182715-resized.jpg

I pulled the muffler off of my "mystery saw" to take a look at the piston and see what kind of shape its in.

Expected the worse... but it looks good. She also has spark. So this weekend Ill dump some gas into her and see what happens.
View attachment 748876

Still not too sure what it actually is. Its much bigger than the R16, which is all I can really compare it to. I dont have a way to weigh it currently. It could be an R420, I have found a few parts that match up to that. I haven't been able to find a cylinder head that looks the same anywhere. it has a Tillotson HS-117B carb, View attachment 748875 View attachment 748877
If that's a bridge in the exhaust port, it makes me think it's bigger than 65cc but I'm not sure.

Probably not much bigger if it is. My 420 (pretty sure...) has the same carb. Cylinder head is a little different in that it doesn't have that overhang on the one side though. That could just be an age difference thing. My saw has a bridged intake port but not exhaust.

If that's a bridge in the exhaust port, it makes me think it's bigger than 65cc but I'm not sure.

Probably not much bigger if it is. My 420 (pretty sure...) has the same carb. Cylinder head is a little different in that it doesn't have that overhang on the one side though. That could just be an age difference thing. My saw has a bridged intake port but not exhaust.

Thanks for the input. I've been hoping to get my hands on a 70cc saw, just because I haven't used one.

Anything else i can take pics of that could help?

It does have a square port on the bottom for access to the oiler I would assume.

There seems to be more partners in the 50cc class than the rest.

These saws are a tad heavy being over built, much like the mcculloch 610’s were, there was no computer aided design back then to see the stresses, strengths and weaknesses in the designs. They just over designed it. This is why these saws are still running today.

Sometimes I wonder with the stress analysis program on the computers they design stuff on the hairy edge of failure today. I feel they run the fine line and don’t add some more strength into there designs. In the future we won’t see the stuff of today become collectible like the saws of yesteryear. We have become a throwaway society. Buy use and when it breaks replace.
When I get back to a proper keyboard I'll tell you about an enterprising Partner dealer's selling strategy back when 550s were the new model.

I look forward to hearing that one. So, I believe I read in this thread that the bar mounts on these saws like my R420 are compatible with the D009 mount bars, right? My saw came wearing an 18" bar, will it manage a 24"?

Back