Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0600.JPG Mystery Partner if all works it will take me a few posts to show the photos. Wish me luck, today I bought this from a fella who said the compression was too much for him to take. I gave him $ 30.00 for it, it looks to be in good shape the recoil makes a god awful noise when you pull it over though. I did sputter and run for a few seconds though. I have one like this but the one I have is a 55cc I guess it has a square cylinder fin shape all the way from base to top. This one gets larger when the fins go up they are a completely different shape. I was told one time when researching my other one that " if it had bigger " leaning shaped fins" it would have been a much bigger saw than a 55ccthat it turned out to be. I went to Acers site and some of these old toaster shaped Partners were in fact 85cc saws. That is what I am hoping for of course. The piston is perfect I will have to measure the cylinder at some point I guess. Tell me what you think it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 20
My p85 has a decomp valve out the top near the spark plug.
It's closer to a p7000 that I've got. The bridged port and the air filter are the same, but the muffler is different. Is the top shroud cast mag or is it made of plastic?

it is cast I have a p-70 and I have see 7000 , 7000+ and they all have plastic covers with a bump out for the plug. If you go to Acers site and look around some you will see a $4it load of 55 cc saws r-16 r-17 and so on then you will see some that look the same but are 85cc if I remember right. But I agree it does not have a de-comp anywhere. So I don't know

Back