Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on an S65 right now, and I looked over to my p100 at the other end of the bench and noticed that the rear handles are very similar. Does the S65 (and similar) rear handle fit a p100? The only difference I saw without test fitting was that the S65 handle tapers inward where it meets the top handle, while the p100 rear handle maintains its profile.

I'm working on an S65 right now, and I looked over to my p100 at the other end of the bench and noticed that the rear handles are very similar. Does the S65 (and similar) rear handle fit a p100? The only difference I saw without test fitting was that the S65 handle tapers inward where it meets the top handle, while the p100 rear handle maintains its profile.
It doesnt fit , the Position of the av-mounts are different.Both rear handles are very hard to find-Take care !!

Thanks for the reply.

Another question:

I just acquired an F65 and an S65. I haven't spent much time with either, beyond taking the bars off so that they're easier to store. I saw that the F65 has a 3 shoe clutch and the S65 has two shoes. What are the other differences between the two?

Thanks for the reply.

Another question:

I just acquired an F65 and an S65. I haven't spent much time with either, beyond taking the bars off so that they're easier to store. I saw that the F65 has a 3 shoe clutch and the S65 has two shoes. What are the other differences between the two?
Hi
Both clutches are changeable.I think the saw with the 2-shoe cluch was cheaper.?

I'm looking for as many Parter F, S, & P series IPL's as possible. Preferably all of them.

At some point, I want to put together a Partner parts lookup (I don't know of one), akin to Stihl Mediacat.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

I have a R12 in great shape except I can not get the carb to draw fuel. it runs great with fuel dribbled in the carb and will idle and throttle up. I have had the saw and carb completely apart and carb has been rebuilt etc. what it is missing is the fuel nipple out of the tank so I had to modify a fitting for the fuel line. This may be the problem causing the fuel line to pinch closed when assembled. this is very frustrating for me and I have been messing with it on and off for over a year. I think I am going to try another external fuel source to see if the carb will draw from another tank.

I'm looking for as many Parter F, S, & P series IPL's as possible. Preferably all of them.

At some point, I want to put together a Partner parts lookup (I don't know of one), akin to Stihl Mediacat.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Bryan, I have a bunch of the IPS and some manuals, too many to email, so I would be willing to put them on a CD and drop in the mail sometime. Very busy working 7 days a week right now but keep dropping a line to me and hound me till I get it done please.

I have a R12 in great shape except I can not get the carb to draw fuel. it runs great with fuel dribbled in the carb and will idle and throttle up. I have had the saw and carb completely apart and carb has been rebuilt etc. what it is missing is the fuel nipple out of the tank so I had to modify a fitting for the fuel line. This may be the problem causing the fuel line to pinch closed when assembled. this is very frustrating for me and I have been messing with it on and off for over a year. I think I am going to try another external fuel source to see if the carb will draw from another tank.

On any Partners I have replaced fuel lines on the fuel line goes where I think you put a nipple. into the tank with a good fuel filter on the the end of the fuel line.

I wiped down some of my dust collectors this morning

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385734928799.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385734928799.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385734949920.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385734949920.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 41
On any Partners I have replaced fuel lines on the fuel line goes where I think you put a nipple. into the tank with a good fuel filter on the the end of the fuel line.

this is a 1962 R12, it has a special fuel nipple screwed into the bottom of the tank, which has the plastic T on it. the issue may still be in the carb, i took it apart again today and the carb is getting fuel in it but does not appear to be getting past the needle which seems to be operating correctly.

Thanks for the reply.

Another question:

If the F65 isn't a F65A, I don't think it has an AV handle system?

i think ill be selling mine. i dont use it...hell i dont use my main saws much either. Ive never even cut wood with the partner yet. bought a bar for it, and never even got a chain for it...wtf am i thinkin! lol decisions decisions!...hell i cant even remmeber what we all determined it was! bahaha ill have to do some research again!

Anyone help a brother with a muffler (or cover) for a R-30?

PartnerR-30muffler_zpse073ed2f.jpg

I've got a nice runner R-420 if anyone is on the hunt.
Not in a rush to let it go, but if someone wants it....
Its got heated handle. Paint in very good condition. No broken parts.

(I'm trying to thin out my herd, so I can send out my 461 to be ported.)

I need opinions please. I got these today one is an R-517 and the other is a 7000 I think ? I don't think it is a plus. According to Acres site the 7000 had a Walbro ws 18 which this one has the plus had a Tilitson I guess. I will post a couple of pictures if this thing will let me. I had a awful time the other day. The plastic is a little rough but serviceable I guess . There are a few other things I would like to ask later if anyone is interested. I am very happy to have found one been looking for a couple of years now. Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
I need opinions please. I got these today one is an R-517 and the other is a 7000 I think ? I don't think it is a plus. According to Acres site the 7000 had a Walbro ws 18 which this one has the plus had a Tilitson I guess. I will post a couple of pictures if this thing will let me. I had a awful time the other day. The plastic is a little rough but serviceable I guess . There are a few other things I would like to ask later if anyone is interested. I am very happy to have found one been looking for a couple of years now. Jeff
P70 I think
E.IMG_0041.JPG

Latest posts

Back