Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...if anyone has 1 pall I would be interested in buying it.

Nice job on your fabrication, though I'd add just a bit more 'hook' to the engagement surface then harden/temper it, those things really take a beating.

Or don't bother, give me an address and I'll be glad to send you one, lol.

I've been starting my p70 on one pawl since I've owned it (was my first of now many Partners). Have since picked up some boxes of parts/parts saws
that included a few extra flywheels to steal pawls from, have removed a couple but just haven't got 'round to installing one.
Maybe I should go do that right now while it's fresh on my mind, before a couple more years fly by...

Thanks I will send you a pm with my address . I had a couple of old parts saws too but the pawls are different. You don't by any chance have the wire end that connects / slides up into the on/off switch slot do you? My saw has been choked to shut it off I guess as the wire is missing. It appears to be a male electrical connector but mine are to fat and too short. I have had it running and it runs pretty well I think I have not used it yet she needs a new chain. I just bought an aftermarket replacement air filter for it . So now I need the wire end and a chain. Thanks for your offer and if you find you don't have one to spare that's ok too. Jeff

On the clutch side of the R20, how do you remove this washer? Seems to be on there pretty good.

How about removing what looks like a race on the flywheel side?

Attachments

• P1110195.JPG
    P1110195.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
  • P1110196.JPG
    P1110196.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 15
Well my stuff is not collector item value by far,.. and whats it worth anyway, $100 ? $150 it is kind of a non issue really. Now i have a Homelite XL 500 Automatic that is in pretty good shape and i will sell that one. I also will not be painting it because i do not intend to make it " mine" that decision will be for someone else to make. I would only Paint somthing that will stay with me forever. That way i dont detract from the saw purest's out there. Jeff

Well my stuff is not collector item value by far,.. and whats it worth anyway, $100 ? $150 it is kind of a non issue really. Now i have a Homelite XL 500 Automatic that is in pretty good shape and i will sell that one. I also will not be painting it because i do not intend to make it " mine" that decision will be for someone else to make. I would only Paint somthing that will stay with me forever. That way i dont detract from the saw purest's out there. Jeff

Jeff--nice job on the Partner. What model is that anyway? I tend to prefer those "square old toasters"! :)

One of the biggest reasons I've found Partners abandoned is when the grommets for the fuel fittings rot, particularly for the tank vent line. I've never been able to find a substitute, and I'm hoping to try to jury-rig a fuel line large enough to take up the space of the grommet on a P70 I've had apart seemingly forever, assuming I still can find a functioning check-valve. I hadn't used any of my Partners for a number of years, then moved 2.5 years ago, so God knows if I'll locate all my old stuff without one hell of a search party! Has anyone here come up with a way to deal with this problem that didn't result in the saw leaking gas when angled or rested on its side?

It also has a broken chain brake (tubing) handle, but I'll worry about that if I can get it running well. I have another P70 and S65 for partial parts saws, so I can switch covers until I find a replacement at a fair price.

Thanks in advance guys....

One of the biggest reasons I've found Partners abandoned is when the grommets for the fuel fittings rot, particularly for the tank vent line. I've never been able to find a substitute, and I'm hoping to try to jury-rig a fuel line large enough to take up the space of the grommet on a P70 I've had apart seemingly forever, assuming I still can find a functioning check-valve. I hadn't used any of my Partners for a number of years, then moved 2.5 years ago, so God knows if I'll locate all my old stuff without one hell of a search party! Has anyone here come up with a way to deal with this problem that didn't result in the saw leaking gas when angled or rested on its side?

It also has a broken chain brake (tubing) handle, but I'll worry about that if I can get it running well. I have another P70 and S65 for partial parts saws, so I can switch covers until I find a replacement at a fair price.

I will pm you with a possible solution

I have sent you a pm ( private message ) about your saw. I don't know if you know how to see your message but.....At the top of any page on the right there are 4 headings,.... YOUR NAME, INBOX, ALERT, and LOG OUT. Go to INBOX click on that and my message will be there click on that and you can read it. Jeff

I have sent you a pm ( private message ) about your saw. I don't know if you know how to see your message but.....At the top of any page on the right there are 4 headings,.... YOUR NAME, INBOX, ALERT, and LOG OUT. Go to INBOX click on that and my message will be there click on that and you can read it. Jeff

Thanks Jeff--I'll respond there.

I just replaced the vent grommet on a P100 with a plain ole grommet from the hardware section from Menards. I forget the size but have another one I could look it up on if you need it. It worked perfectly. If memory serves me right I may have done the same thing on my P70

As for another way to go, you could get a plastic barb and duckbill valve from say a 3300 Poulan and pull the line up from inside the tank with the barb and duckbill inside the tank. It will work good like that as well.

Latest posts

Back