Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just replaced the vent grommet on a P100 with a plain ole grommet from the hardware section from Menards. I forget the size but have another one I could look it up on if you need it. It worked perfectly. If memory serves me right I may have done the same thing on my P70

As for another way to go, you could get a plastic barb and duckbill valve from say a 3300 Poulan and pull the line up from inside the tank with the barb and duckbill inside the tank. It will work good like that as well.

Thanks Mark!

The last year I sold Partner saws (and worked on lawn and garden equipment full time with my father's business) was 1982, so things are a bit foggy. I'm not familiar with the Poulan saws, so I'll try a regular grommet sourced locally first. I really liked the P70 better than any saw I have ever had, so I hope I can get this one back in shape.

Thanks to all you guys for your input and ideas. I just love this freaking site!!

Thanks Mark!

The last year I sold Partner saws (and worked on lawn and garden equipment full time with my father's business) was 1982, so things are a bit foggy. I'm not familiar with the Poulan saws, so I'll try a regular grommet sourced locally first. I really liked the P70 better than any saw I have ever had, so I hope I can get this one back in shape.

Thanks to all you guys for your input and ideas. I just love this freaking site!!

I have a nice P70 and a 7000+ and think there both good saws.

I have a nice P70 and a 7000+ and think there both good saws.

If you haven't read, I've been out on disability for 5 months now, but hope to be back to work in a month or so. If you'd be willing to sell one of them, send me a "conversation" start. If I can't get mine going, I'd really like to buy one that looks good and works really well. I just don't have the cash to do it now, but I REALLY love those saws. It really pisses me off that they stopped making them!

100_1298 (Custom).JPG You never say never but I'm not looking to move them. Too hard to find them in nice shape now days.

My P70 is quite a story anyway, found it on Craigslist in NC from a older guy who bought it new in WI when he lived there. He took it to Montana with him when he moved there, then brought it with him to NC when he retired.

He ran out of use for it and was happy as a lark that I contacted him to see if he would ship it to me to put in a collection. The saw came with all the original manuals, bill of sale, original tools, extra bars and chains etc.

Before I could ask him how he wanted to pay him for it he offered to ship it to me to check it out and send payment when I was sure I wanted it. That blew me away. He was just looking for it to go to a good home I guess as he was attached to it.

View attachment 338154 You never say never but I'm not looking to move them. Too hard to find them in nice shape now days.

My P70 is quite a story anyway, found it on Craigslist in NC from a older guy who bought it new in WI when he lived there. He took it to Montana with him when he moved there, then brought it with him to NC when he retired.

He ran out of use for it and was happy as a lark that I contacted him to see if he would ship it to me to put in a collection. The saw came with all the original manuals, bill of sale, original tools, extra bars and chains etc.

Before I could ask him how he wanted to pay him for it he offered to ship it to me to check it out and send payment when I was sure I wanted it. That blew me away. He was just looking for it to go to a good home I guess as he was attached to it.

I believe that deserves a "you suck!"

Great story--once in a lifetime deal! Good for you!

Does anyone have a exhaust louver for a P-70 style Muffler? It is the thin slotted gadget that is held on by 2 small sheet metal screws. I may be into a complete muffler if the price is affordable enough. Mine like most of them is all dented in at the bottom. My saw is done except for decals I am waiting for them now. Thanks Jeff

I promise the RTV will fail and in a short time too.
I was just reading some of these old post's and saw this one. I just 2 weeks ago changed that line out for the correct size and the black gasket permatex was very soft but by the same token it lasted 1 year with it. So a year was a lot better than expected.

Does anyone have a exhaust louver for a P-70 style Muffler? It is the thin slotted gadget that is held on by 2 small sheet metal screws. I may be into a complete muffler if the price is affordable enough. Mine like most of them is all dented in at the bottom. My saw is done except for decals I am waiting for them now. Thanks Jeff

Jeff-

I'll take a look tomorrow, if the shed door isn't still frozen shut. I know I don't have a complete good muffler, because I saved the best one I had for my own P-70. However, I'll dig through my spare parts, and if I have one, I'll have you message me your name and address, and I'll just throw it in a USPS First Class envelope.

Jim

That would be great but I would like to pay something for it. Ok ?
Jeff-

I'll take a look tomorrow, if the shed door isn't still frozen shut. I know I don't have a complete good muffler, because I saved the best one I had for my own P-70. However, I'll dig through my spare parts, and if I have one, I'll have you message me your name and address, and I'll just throw it in a USPS First Class envelope.

Jim
Jim I don't need this tonight,..I can wait till spring don't work hard trying to get the frozen door open. I know how it is ,..we got 26" of snow in the last 2 days. Jeff

where did you source your parts from, and do you knor if a top end from the pm1000 will work on the 440t?

I really didn't need much for parts for it. I made the case gasket myself. The seals are easy to get aftermarket, no problems there. The bearings are a bit of a problem. The flywheel side is a regular 6203 bearing, the PTO side is a special bearing that I cannot exactly replace.

The PTO bearing is the same dimensions as a 6203 but it is 13mm thick instead of 12mm. It also has a retaining/snap ring groove in the outer race and a seal on the outside.

I have a 6203 grooved and sealed bearing coming today for it and will make a 1mm spacer to fit between the outside of the inner race and the oiler drive. That should work ok.

To be honest, I had a P100 down the other day and was going to compare the cyl to the 440 cyl but forgot and put the P100 back together already. I think they will interchange, but the 440 has a decomp the P100 don't have.

Got a Partner bowsaw today. Don't know what model it is, but perhaps somebody can tell me by the pictures. Compression feels strong, but haven't tried to crank it yet. MVC-001S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG

I have one just like it if you go to acres site and search the r-16 ? some place there ,there is a picture of this type saw. I have also been told that the pictures and saw descriptions may not be an accurate match up. Arrowhead my be able to help you too.

I have one just like it if you go to acres site and search the r-16 ? some place there ,there is a picture of this type saw. I have also been told that the pictures and saw descriptions may not be an accurate match up. Arrowhead my be able to help you too.

Good luck matching it up at Acres site, besides there are many models that do all look the same.

Back