Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're pumping the gas up and no fuel is getting through you likely have a stuck metering needle. I've had that happen sometimes. Pull the cover and take out the needle and clean it up and make sure it's not sticking down. If you put a new kit in it, try the old needle if it still sticks. Failing that give the carb a good soak in Sea Foam.

As far as the tank vent goes, is there no hole in the tank as it shows on the IPL?

When I did the carb the 1st time everthing looked so good I didn't pull the metering needle. I did the 2nd time, all diaphragms looked and felt good so I haven't added a kit.
I have used the Sea foam trick in the past, recommended by you, successfully. There is no hole in the fuel tank that I can see, certainly not where the ipl shows it. Doesn't seem to be any type of breather in the fuel cap either.

Lee, you had me going, for a minute. I measured the bore on my 1632 and it is 44mm.

I used a drinking straw for my test so maybe the Canadian factory put together saws with what they had to hand. Poulan apparently did that with some of the off name saws coming out of the Canadian assembly plant like Mastercraft sold by Canadian tire.
Of course it , P&C could have been replaced/upgraded at some time as well.

I always pop a carb kit in. The saws just about always run better with a kit.

I can't help you with the missing vent. Maybe someone on here that has one can.

I do like the way that Partner holds the choke and throttle rods to the carb, with push nuts. Much better idea than Stihls E clips that shoot across the room if you aren't careful. Although they do wear out after several removals.

I used a drinking straw for my test so maybe the Canadian factory put together saws with what they had to hand. Poulan apparently did that with some of the off name saws coming out of the Canadian assembly plant like Mastercraft sold by Canadian tire.
Of course it , P&C could have been replaced/upgraded at some time as well.

Maybe, who knows but the Poulan reference is sketchy. Those were Canadian built saws for a private label. It has been said time again that private label saws were not always a dead match for the parent companies offerings. They were built for the private label. For example the Mastercraft saws had there own IPL's and they will point out the differences.

Your Skil saw wasn't Canadian produced I don't think. Mine says Sweden on it.

I do like the way that Partner holds the choke and throttle rods to the carb, with push nuts. Much better idea than Stihls E clips that shoot across the room if you aren't careful. Although they do wear out after several removals.

Yeah that's not a bad setup but there more of a PITA to remove and replace on the bigger saws. Not as much room to get to them.

I've the original owner's manual for the 1632/1646 that came with my 1632. They show external differences between the two models. Slide controls for the 1632. Toggles for the 1646/47. They show the 1632 as having no AV, whereas the 1646 AV as far as I can tell. Curiosity has me wanting to check my bore now as well.

Lee, you should be able to crack that air filter open for cleaning as outlined in the manual. Perhaps insert felt as Tim mentioned?

I can scan to PDF if anyone wants a copy of the manual.

Lee, I think you might find the tank vent hole in the tank by the fuel cap.

They had a lousy setup on them and I convert them to a piece of fuel line, barb fitting and duckbill valve like used on the Poulan.

Mark, is it possible for you to take a pic or 2 of that setup? Thanks

Mark, is it possible for you to take a pic or 2 of that setup? Thanks

Not really, not without taking the saw apart.
100_7204 (Custom).JPG 100_7208 (Custom).JPG

Here is a couple pictures of what I used though. The first picture shows the Poulan duckbill valve and beside it the plastic connector.

The second picture shows the two assembled with a piece of 1/8 X 3/16 fuel line.

Just pull the line through the hole in the tank from the inside till the barb area pulls tight in the tank hole with the duckbill being inside the tank. Your line won't need to be that long, that is just a picture of the setup for a Poulan saw. Same deal otherwise though.

I also want to add I use a piece of air filter foam in the end of the line to keep junk out of it.

I've discovered that what I thought was a Skil 1632 (55cc) is actually a 1646 which is 65cc. Got it running and put a 16 inch new bar that I got in last year's Xmas giveaway. It came with a pretty nice 20" bar and chain which are more appropriate for a 65cc saw. The bar need dressing and the chain needs sharpening so still same work to do.

I've discovered that what I thought was a Skil 1632 (55cc) is actually a 1646 which is 65cc. Got it running and put a 16 inch new bar that I got in last year's Xmas giveaway. It came with a pretty nice 20" bar and chain which are more appropriate for a 65cc saw. The bar need dressing and the chain needs sharpening so still same work to do.
Does it have an AV handle system, or not?

Hi all, i would like to ask here that what cylinder options i have on my partner saw, it has now 48mm cylinder in and it has some deep scratc (grooves) in it. i dont really know what model it is, it came to without top cover and starter. it has chainbrake on an its yellow, body is yellow, handle is black. 2 piece ignition, coil on top of flywheel and some mystery box inside handle o_O
other partners i have are s55 and what top ends will fit those :drinkingcoffee:

thanks again
Jani

this is serieal number

Attachments

• partneri.jpg
    partneri.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 28
  • partneri22.jpg
    partneri22.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 25
Back