Partner P100 Not running when hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice please on a mates P100 Partner.

It is easy to start when cold, and will just sit there and idle perfectly no issues. Even has great throttle response. But once it gets up to running temp ( trying to cut with it ) it starts to lose power, bogs down and then just simply dies. It is then very hard to start and when u finally get it running it just again bogs down and eventually stops running.

Surely it can't be the carby, because when cold it runs and revs perfectly.

I am sure I have checked everything, fuel, spark and compression. Even check the mixtures just incase someone had touched something.
Is there something I am missing ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Justin Malaponte

Is the fault related to actual engine temperature or just run time under load? If the problem occurs after a few minutes of cutting, it could be a fuel tank vent issue. When the fault occurs, try opening the fuel cap and see if it corrects the fault.

Based on your original comment, I suspect the tuning is off for your season or it was never tuned hot to begin with.

It is always good to look again as it is easy to overlook simple things.

I haven't had a chance yet to go through everything but I thought I would ask if anyone would know the Primary and Secondary OHM's reading that should go with this Partner. I have the workshop manual for it and there is nothing anywhere that gives me the specs that the coil should be.

Cheers

Justin

I believe that saw has an electronic ignition module (no points) and due to the semiconductor package that controls the primary current, there is no meaningful test you can do with an ohm meter. Only way to resolve a problem with this type of coil is to replace it with a known good one.

Hi Guys,

So I found the issue with the P100 Partner. The right angled fuel barb (plastic) that goes into the side of the carby has a small crack in it.

I know I haven't been doing this for years, but seriously a plastic fuel barb !!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone had this issue ? Is there anyway that it can be fixed or replaced with something that won't crack or break ?

Regards

Justin

Attachments

• 20201206_161320.jpg
    20201206_161320.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Good catch, at least you caught it, and didn't let it score the top end.

I’ve made several posts with part number options over the years on replacing the plastic with metal elbows, but am on a cell phone this morning & can’t post a link. Get a Walbro 128-152-1, all steel.

Do a search for “walbro elbow” or “zenoah elbow” with author hotshot.

That looks like a Tillotson HS carb in your one picture, but they (Walbro) all are the same size on the press in fit end. Just pull the carb off for better access & twist out the old one with vice grips.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/niks-poulan-thread.98495/post-6155657

Good catch, at least you caught it, and didn't let it score the top end.

I’ve made several posts with part number options over the years on replacing the plastic with metal elbows, but am on a cell phone this morning & can’t post a link. Get a Walbro 128-152-1, all steel.

Do a search for “walbro elbow” or “zenoah elbow” with author hotshot.

That looks like a Tillotson HS carb in your one picture, but they (Walbro) all are the same size on the press in fit end. Just pull the carb off for better access & twist out the old one with vice grips.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/niks-poulan-thread.98495/post-6155657
That sounds fun. Do I need to glue the new fitting in or it's a press fit ?

Regards

Justin

Latest posts

Back